The Rams lost to the Saints, 49-21, in Jared Goff's second career start. The rookie threw three touchdown passes in the first half, but L.A. couldn't keep up with Drew Brees, who finished with four passing touchdowns and a rushing score.
- Rams WR Tavon Austin catches a 24-yard pass for a touchdown (Rams 7, Saints 0)
- Saints WR Brandon Coleman catches a three-yard pass for a TD (Rams 7, Saints 7)
- Rams WR Kenny Britt catches a six-yard pass for a score (Rams 14, Saints 7)
- Saints RB Mark Ingram scores on a 10-yard run (Rams 14, Saints 14)
- Saints QB Drew Brees dives one-yard for a touchdown (Saints 21, Rams 14)
- Saints WR Michael Thomas scores on a six-yard catch (Saints 28, Rams 14)
- Rams TE Lance Kendricks catches a 15-yard pass for a TD (Saints 28, Rams 21)
- Saints RB Mark Ingram scores a TD on a 21-yard catch and run (Saints 35, Rams 21)
- Saints WR Michael Thomas scores on a 21-yard catch (Saints 42, Rams 21)
- Saints RB Tim Hightower catches a 50-yard pass from WR Willie Snead for a TD (Saints 49, Rams 21)
For a second series, a Rams receiver picked up a penalty and stalled the drive.
Kenny Britt was called for a false start on third and two, and then Jared Goff's third-and-seven pass fell incomplete.
Johhny Hekker punted. The Saints will have the ball on their 14-yard line.
On the first play, Todd Gurley rushed for nine yards after he got a great block from Rodger Saffold, who made the start at left tackle in place of the struggling Greg Robinson.
After Gurley rushed for three yards and Goff threw an incomplete pass, Tavon Austin caught a short pass and slipped a tackle for an eight-yard gain.
But then... the penalty.