A Wichita couple returns home to find firefighters extinguishing a fire at their house.
It happened in 1400 block of south Hydraulic. Emergency dispatchers received a call around 1 p.m. on Sunday.
When firefighters arrived at the home, they saw smoke coming from the front door. The source of the fire appeared to be the stove where food had been left on after the owners left the house.
The couple had several cats and dogs, some of which died in the fire. Damage to the home is reported at around $5,000.
The American Red Cross treated two adults for smoke inhalation, but no other people were injured.