SAN DIEGO—The reward has increased for information leading to the arrest "Geezer Bandit", after his sixth getaway.
A sixth bank in San Diego county was robbed by the same suspected robber, dubbed "Geezer Bandit", Wednesday.
The FBI, San Diego Police Department, and San Diego Sheriff's Department are asking for the public's assistance to identify the unknown male bank robber.
Around 5:50 p.m. Wednesday, a man entered the San Diego National Bank. He presented a demand note and displayed a silver and black semiautomatic weapon.
Witnesses describe the robber as a white male in his 60's, weighing 190 lbs., wearing a white sweatshirt with hoodle, white ballcap, blue jeans, and white tennis shoes.
The "Geezer Bandit" is believed to be responsible for robbing the following San Diego County banks:
- August 28, 2009: US Bank, 9643 Mission Gorge Rd., Santee
- September 12, 2009: San Diego National Bank, 7877 Ivanhoe, La Jolla
- October 9, 2009: US Bank, 4627 Carmel Mountain Rd., San Diego
- October 26, 2009: Bank of America, 17008 Avenida de Acacias, Rancho Santa Fe
- November 16, 2009: Bank of America, 7680 Girard Ave., La Jolla