Investigators revealed that the baby's father was the one who discovered him in the hot car in Ridgefield. FOX CT's Lauren Victory has more.

Services will be held Sunday for the 15-month-old who died in Ridgefield on Monday when he was left inside a car at his father's workplace.

The father was supposed to drop the boy off at day care but drove to his workplace and left the child inside his vehicle, police said.

Benjamin Seitz was left in the car for "an extended period of time," according to police, although they said they had not determined how long. No charges have been filed.

Police said the father, a Ridgefield resident, drove his son to the hospital after discovering him in his vehicle. Danbury Hospital is about 11 miles from 38A Grove St., where police said the father worked.

The child's death was reported by the hospital.

There were no 911 calls, police said.

Police said they are working with the state police Western District Major Crime Squad and the Danbury state's attorney's office.

Services for the child will be held on Sunday at the Jesse Lee Memorial Church on Main Street in Ridgefield, according to an obituary posted on the Internet Friday. In the obituary, the family asked attendees to wear summer colors to celebrate Benjamin's life and to bring a ball with them to be donated to the Healing Hearts Center for Grieving Children and Families. The obituary says that balls were his favorite toys.

The obituary identifies the boy's parents as Kyle Seitz and Lindsey Rogers-Seitz and says that he is also survived by his two sisters.

This case is one of four in the state in this week that has put a spotlight on the danger of leaving children inside hot vehicles. The children in the other cases survived. The latest case, reported on Wednesday by Bristol police, involved a woman issued a summons for leaving an 11-year-old in a car while she went into a store.

The issue received national attention recently when a Georgia man was charged with murder after his 22-month-old son died after being left in a car for seven hours.

According to Connecticut state police, 44 children died from heatstroke in the U.S. in 2013. During the summer, temperature inside a car can rise into the triple digits in a matter of minutes. But experts say that heatstroke can occur inside a vehicle even when the temperature outside is as low as 57.

Kevin Borrup, associate director of the Injury Prevention Center at Connecticut Children's Medical Center, said that on an 80-degree day cars can heat up to 130 degrees. Heatstroke occurs when a child's internal body temperature hits 104 to 105 degrees, he said.

"The smaller the child the more quickly it can happen," Borrup said.

In the Bristol case, Christina Williams, 30, was cited on Tuesday for leaving a child unsupervised in a motor vehicle. Officers sent to 60 Middle St. on a report of a child alone in a car outside a CVS found an 11-year-old in a vehicle, which was not running and had the windows up, police said. The outside temperature was about 85 degrees, the car was not excessively hot and the child was not in distress, police said.

Williams' ticket has a court date of July 21.

This year, at least six cases have resulted in arrests, including a second Tuesday and one Monday night.

John Morgan, 60, of Waterford, was charged with two counts of risk of injury to a minor after an officer found a 9-year-old and a 6-year-old left unattended in a car on State Street in New London just before 5 p.m. on Tuesday, police said. The two children were sweating and had red faces, and the temperature in the car was 100 degrees, police said.

Cassandra Donnejour Nonossiold, 27, of East Haven, was charged with leaving a child unsupervised in a motor vehicle at a Target on Universal Drive in North Haven about 9:25 p.m. on Monday. Police said an infant and a toddler were left in the car for 16 minutes with a window slightly open. The children were not injured.

A week ago, Brian Pavao, 33, of Groton, was charged with risk of injury to a minor after he allegedly left an infant in a 130-degree car outside a ShopRite supermarket in New London. Police received an anonymous tip and found the vehicle with three of the windows closed and a fourth window open about 1 inch, police said. The child was alert and breathing when emergency officials arrived but had been in the car for 30 or more minutes, according to police.