Probate records have been filed for Nancy Lanza, the mother of Sandy Hook school shooter Adam Lanza.
The estate's value is not reflected in the records. No will is recorded.
- Report Reveals Details Of Deadly Day, Lanza's Life
- PDF: Report On "Big Book Of Granny" By Adam Lanza
- Lanza's Psychiatric Treatment Revealed In Documents
- Pictures: Adam and Nancy Lanza, And Those Who Knew Them
- Photographs From State's Attorney Report On Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting
- NBC News handout photo of Adam Lanza
See more photos »
- Sandy Hook Elementary School
Ryan Lanza, Nancy Lanza's surviving son, petitioned the court to have Stamford attorney Samuel Starks appointed as temporary administrator to track assets and determine if Nancy Lanza had a will.
As part of the estate, Nancy's Lanza's death certificate was filed. It indicates she was pronounced dead on Dec. 14 as the result of multiple gunshot wounds. She was cremated Dec. 19 in Haverhill, Mass., the records indicate.
There are no probate records filed for Adam Lanza.
Adam Lanza, 20, shot his mother in her Newtown home before shooting his way into Sandy Hook Elementary School. He killed principal Dawn Hochsprung and psychologist Mary Sherlach in a hallway before killing 20 students and four more female educators in two classrooms.