CTA buses were involved in two crashes overnight, one in the South East Ravenswood neighborhood on the North Side and the other in the Marquette Park neighborhood on the Southwest Side.
Five people were injured but none seriously, authorities said.
A van collided with a bus around 5:10 a.m. Thursday in the 6400 block of South Kedzie Avenue. The driver of the van and three passengers were taken to Holy Cross Hospital with minor injuries, according to Police News Affairs Officer Ron Gaines said.
- Video: Chicago crime overnight report: 2 homicides, 3 dead
- More Chicago Lawn crime »
- More Lake View crime »
- Irving Park Road
- Highway and Road Disasters
- Transportation Disasters
- Chicago Transit Authority
- 6400 South Kedzie Avenue, Chicago, IL 60629, USA
- 1700 West Irving Park Road, Chicago, IL 60613, USA
Shortly after midnight, a car and a CTA bus were involved in a crash in the 1700 block of West Irving Park Road. One person was injured, but details of the accident were not available.