Division Chief Michael Cox said the firefighter, whose name was not given, suffered burns to his ears and neck and was taken to the burn unit at Johns Hopkins Bayville Medical Center.
- After officer is shot, police name suspect in 'cowardly act'
- Two shot and injured in Baltimore on Friday night, Saturday morning
- Arundel man threatened state leaders over drainage pond, police say
- Maryland mugshots in the news [Pictures]
- 15 important Baltimore crime stories from 2012 [Pictures]
- Injuries and Wounds
- Severna Park
See more topics »
300 green aspen court severna park, md
The three occupants of the house escaped without injuries, he said.
Cox said it took 51 firefighters about an hour to get the fire under control. He said the fire caused about $550,000 in damage and was believed to have been accidental. An investigation continues, Cox said.