The westbound span of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge has reopened after being shut down Sunday evening for a fire, the Maryland Transportation Authority said.
Officials said there was a fire underneath the bridge, which has since been put out. The MdTA announced the bridge was closed at about 6:30 p.m. and that it had reopened at about 8 p.m.
Authorities warned there would still be traffic delays for some time after the bridge had reopened.
- Police identify officer driving in departmental crash
- Stolen high-end sneakers help lead Baltimore detectives to murder suspect
- Man wanted in sister-in-law's death arrested in Florida
- Police car vandalized in Baltimore
- Maryland mugshots in the news
- Chesapeake Bay Bridge
Chesapeake Bay Bridge, Stevensville, MD, USA