Cheryl Lynn Knick, 57, of the 5100 block of Brookwood Road in the same neighborhood, died at Harbor Hospital soon after the 7:44 p.m. accident on the highway, south of the intersection with 11th Avenue West.
- Man in prison for 20 years over 5.9 grams of marijuana wins appeal
- May 2015: Baltimore's deadliest month since 1970s
- Police investigate 3 Baltimore shootings
- Police car vandalized in Baltimore
- Maryland mugshots in the news
- Highway and Road Disasters
- Transportation Disasters
- Highway and Road Transportation
See more topics »
Governor Ritchie Hwy & W 11th Ave, Brooklyn Park, MD 21225, USA
According to a preliminary investigation, pedestrian error was the primary cause of this crash and speed on the part of the driver was not a factor, police said. The victim's dark clothing also made it difficult for motorists to see her, police said.