Police responded to a report of family violence on the 1300 block of Hazel Nut Court in Cape St. Claire shortly after 8 p.m. The 61-year-old woman at the home had been violently assaulted by her son, police said. Benscoter, who also lives at the residence, used a hammer to strike his mother repeatedly in the head and torso, police said. The victim fled the home and called police from a neighbor's residence. She was taken to University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center, where she remains in serious condition, police said.
- Seven injured after pickup runs into Reisterstown assisted living facility
- Investigators working to determine where man was shot in Baltimore
- Lured by woman, Owings Mills man stabbed 60 times, police say
- Maryland mugshots in the news [Pictures]
- 15 important Baltimore crime stories from 2012 [Pictures]
- Abusive Behavior
- Anne Arundel County