Baltimore was ranked as the ninth-best city in which to find work in the United States, according to a new Top 10 list compiled by Adecco Staffing US.
The staffing firm considered the local employment rate, job opportunities based on volume of job openings over the past six months, and the overall economic environment in each market, the company said.
The Washington and Arlington-Alexandria, Va., area topped the list, followed by Austin, Texas; Ithaca, N.Y.; Boston; Portland, Maine; Dallas; Nashville, Tenn.; and Columbus, Ohio.
- People on the Move archive
- How much do Baltimore-area workers earn? [Pictures]
- Jobs with six-figure salaries [Pictures]
- Health Professionals on the Move
- Pictures: Jobs in health care
- Unusual reasons for calling in sick
See more photos »
- Adecco SA
- Employment Opportunities
- Arlington (Staten Island, New York)
Pittsburgh came in at No. 10.