ON THE SITE...
Boy, 6, hit by SUV in Odenton: The boy was flown to a nearby hospital with serious, but non-life-threatening injuries Wednesday morning.
Howard County native wins 2012 Sophie Kerr Prize: Kathryn Manion, a Clarksville native and graduate of Notre Dame Prep in Towson, said late Tuesday that her win was still sinking in, but that she was honored.
Police, DEA raid prescription-drug clinic in Timonium: The raid followed a long-term investigation of the distribution and sale of oxycodone and other prescription drugs at the Healthy Life Medical Group in the 1100 block of York Road.
Baltimore police investigate double shooting: Baltimore police are investigating a double shooting at 11:33 p.m. Tuesday in the Beechfield neighborhood.
Test offers red flag for autism at 6 months: A simple “pull-to-sit” test on infants at six months old may help doctors predict autismand other delays, a study by Kennedy Krieger Institute researchers has found.
- Preakness coverage includes stories on Preakness parties outside of Maryland, a Preakness fashion preview and tips for wearing the Preakness season's hottest color, yellow.
- Also, the Preakness draw takes place at 6 p.m. Wednesday, when it will be determined whether Kentucky Derby winner I'll Have Another or Bodemeister is the favorite for Saturday's race.
- Two youths are expected to be sentenced Wednesday in the shooting of Monae Turnage earlier this year, though the proceedings may be closed to the public.
- The General Assembly's special session is slated to close Wednesday with expected approval of an income tax increase for the highest earners.
- Maryland leaders on Capitol Hill are seeking to get money to cover security costs around Camp David for the upcoming G8 Summit.
- The Baltimore Grand Prix's contract for new leadership was approved Wednesday morning.
- Archbishop William E. Lori is being installed Wednesday, and The Sun will have full coverage.