Outta Site Digital Tip Sweepstakes Rules
Official Sweepstakes Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Outta Site Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") starts at 12 a.m. (EST) Monday, January 21, 2012 and the entry period ends 11:59 p.m. (EST), Monday, February 18, 2012 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Tribune Broadcasting Hartford, LLC ("Sponsor"). The Sweepstakes shall be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, all entrants agree to abide and be bound by the terms and conditions herein and the decisions of the Sponsor. The computer clock of Sponsor’s webmaster is the official timekeeping device of the Sweepstakes.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Each entrant must be a US citizen or legal resident and residing in Connecticut or Massachusetts, age 18 or older at the time of entry. Employees (and their immediate family members (defined as spouse, parents, siblings or children) or household members (whether or not related)) of Sponsor, the Hartford Courant Company LLC, media outlets in the WCCT-TV/WTIC-TV viewing areas, or of their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and advertising agencies associated with this Sweepstakes, are not eligible to participate. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited and outside Connecticut and Massachusetts. Winners who have won a prize from a promotion sponsored by CT1 Media within the last six (6) months are ineligible and will be disqualified.
2. TO ENTER: There are three ways to enter, each involving the submission of a digital tip or trick (digital tip could be a mobile tech tip, mobile lifestyle, how you use your phone or tablet, what you are searching for, your favorite social media site, anything in the digital world useful for the news department, etc.):
A. Enter Via Facebook: Log onto http://www.facebook.com/pages/Outta-Site/110120539015102 and like the FOXCT Outta Site Facebook Page within the time period listed above. You must be registered on Facebook to participate via this method. Registration is subject to the facebook.com registration Terms and Conditions. Registration is free of charge. All entrants who liked the FOXCT Outta Site Page (including any pre-existing fans of the FOXCT Outta Site Page) will be able to access the Sweepstakes link, which will be available during the Sweepstakes Period. Provide name, email, and a digital tip or trick.
B. Enter Via Twitter: Log onto Twitter and follow @OuttaSiteCT (twitter.com/outtasitect) within the time period listed above. You must be registered on Twitter to participate via this method. Registration is subject to the Twitter.com registration Terms and Conditions. Registration is free of charge. All entrants who follow the FOXCT OuttaSiteCT Twitter Page (including any pre-existing followers of the OuttaSiteCT Twitter Page) will be able to enter via this message. To send your message to OuttaSiteCT via twitter, start your message with @OuttaSiteCT. All messages cannot exceed 140 characters. You can also direct message us your Digital Tip or Trick via twitter by clicking on the mailbox icon on your main page.
C. Enter Via The MyTowns App: Using your iPhone or iPad go to the iTunes store and search for the CT1 Media myTowns App (for a direct link go to https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mytowns/id556153875?mt=8). Download the free MyTowns App. You must be registered on iTunes to participate via this method. Registration is subject to the iTunes registration Terms and Conditions. To download iTunes go to www.apple.com/itunes/download. The MyTowns App is compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad. The MyTowns App requires iOS 5.0 or later. For more information about iTunes, go to www.apple.com/itunes/what-is. After you have MyTowns loaded on your mobile device, select the town you live in. Next, click the submit button (middle button) at the bottom of your mobile device. A new window will open up that says “New Report”. Submit your digital tip or trick. Entrants must include a title, digital tip, and add his/her name and email in the body of the message.
D. Restrictions: Entrants may enter via all methods as long as there is a new digital tip or trick submitted. Sponsor is not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind. The use of automated or third party software or web site to register and/or play is prohibited. All received entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. You are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook, Twitter, or iTunes. Entrants must use their own name and their own digital tip. If any dispute arises concerning the identity of an entrant, the owner of an email account from which entry was sent shall be deemed the entrant. Entrants represent and warrant that no laws were broken in the creation of the digital tip or trick and that their digital tips or tricks are their own original creations, have not been copied in whole from any other work, have not been previously published, do not violate the rights of any other person or entity (including but not limited to privacy rights and copyrights), do not defame, libel, or slander anyone or any entity, and do not contain offensive, vulgar, obscene or profane content. Digital tips or tricks that do not comply with these Official Rules or that breach the foregoing representations and warranties shall be disqualified. Entrants grant to the Sponsor a world-wide, perpetual, royalty-free license to post the digital tips or tricks in broadcast, print, social medium, or any other medium form in their sole discretion.
3. DEADLINE: There are four separate pool entries. To be eligible for each pool, all entries must be received as follows:
• For January 29 drawing, all entries due by Monday, January 28, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. (EST).
• For February 5 drawing, all entries due by Monday, February 4, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. (EST).
• For February 12 drawing, all entries due by Monday, February 11, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. (EST).
• For February 19 drawing, all entries due by Monday, February 18, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. (EST).
All entries must be received by Monday, February 18, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. (EST). Entrants must use their own name. If any dispute arises concerning the identity of an entrant, the owner of an email account from which entry was sent shall be deemed the entrant. E-mail entries containing attached files are not eligible and will be rejected. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties or inability to transmit Internet entries, or any other technical error or malfunction.
4. SELECTION OF WINNERS: Every week all eligible entries, regardless of method, will be combined into a single entry pool (on a weekly basis). The Sweepstakes is divided into 4 weekly periods (each, a "Weekly Period"). Each Tuesday during the Sweepstakes Period (i.e., January 29, February 5, February 12, February 19), Sponsor will select one (1) entrant at random from all eligible entries received by Monday at 11:59 p.m. EST. The will be a total of four (4) Winners during the Sweepstakes period. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received that week. Winner will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail within two (2) days of the drawing. If a selected Winner is ineligible, or if WTIC-TV/WCCT-TV is unable to make contact with a selected Winner after reasonable effort and time (48 hours from time of initial call to Winner), that winner shall be disqualified and, the prize shall be forfeited and awarded to another entrant selected from among all other eligible entries for that week. Only one (1) winner per household during the sweepstakes period. All entries from a particular week will be discarded.
5. AWARDING & DELIVERY OF PRIZES: Four (4) Winners: Each Winner will receive a $25 gift card to the Google Play store (play.google.com) or the Apple iTunes Store (store.apple.com). Actual retail value ("ARV") of each prize is $25. Federal, state and local taxes, and any additional expenses if any, including incidental expenses incurred as part of the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsor will contact winner via facebook messaging, email, twitter messaging or the email provided via the MyTowns app. Prize will be emailed or mailed to the winner. Prize is not replaceable if lost or stolen, non-transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash, credit or merchandise. No substitute prizes are available except at Sponsor's sole discretion. All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes made by Sponsor are final and binding. All federal, state, and local taxes associated with the prize, as well as all other costs or expenses involved in obtaining and/or maintaining the prize are the responsibility of the Winner.
All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes made by Sponsor are final and binding.
SUCH PRIZE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE RELEASED PARTIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
6. CONDITIONS & RESTRICTIONS: Entrants agree Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Sweepstakes and that its decision is final and binding. Except where prohibited by law, entrants 18 years of age and older agree to allow use of their name, voice, photograph, likeness and any information provided on entry form, in any medium of communication, including print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsor and/or its affiliates, without additional compensation. All federal, state and local laws apply, and this Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. Winner must provide proof of legal name, address, zip code, and telephone number to receive prize (for example, in the form of a government-issued driver's license or identification card). Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. The use of automated entry devices or any other conduct that impedes the integrity of the Sweepstakes is prohibited. Sponsor's' decisions as to all matters related to the administration of the Sweepstakes and selection of the prize winners are final. This Sweepstakes shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Connecticut law, excluding choice of law provisions.
By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Facebook, Twitter, Google, Apple, iTunes, WTIC-TV/WCCT-TV, the Hartford Courant Company LLC, CT1 Media, Tribune Broadcasting Hartford, LLC, and all these companies' parent corporations, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and the officers, directors, agents, and employees of all such companies from any and all damages, injuries, claims, causes of action, or losses of any kind resulting from your participation in this sweepstakes, and/or your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize and any travel related thereto, including without limitation, personal injury, death, property damage, defamation, infringement of intellectual property rights, and claims based on the rights of publicity and privacy.
Sponsor is not responsible for changes made to the Prizes being awarded, including any delay, cancellation or postponement of the Prize events, and is under no obligation to provide a substitute prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the contest or in the announcements of the prizes/prize winners.
Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules or the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor's right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance.
7. INTERNET: If for any reason, the Internet-related portion of this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE SWEEPSTAKES WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if, at their sole discretion, Sponsor find such entrant to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or if such entrant repeatedly shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner the Sponsor determines to be not fair or equitable; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Sponsor assumes no liability for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; or (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes.
8. FOR A WINNER NAME: Write to, "Outta Site Winners"; FOXCT, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 (Attention: News Department). All requests for rules and Winner' lists must be received by Friday, February 22, 2012.
9. SPONSOR: WTIC-TV/Tribune Broadcasting Hartford, LLC, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Google Play, Apple or iTunes.