Abbott Loop Elementary students and their parents are giving back to the community with its “Winter for Warmth” drive.
The Parent-Teacher Association at the school are collecting warm winter gear for kids and eventually hold a fundraiser and sell each for a $1.00, with 90 percent of the proceeds heading back to the school for programs. The other 10 percent will be donated to the AWAIC (Abused Women's Aid In Crisis) shelter.
“This is our first year and so we're crossing our fingers, hoping that it does really good and we can continue to do it each year,” said Cassie San Miguel, PTA President at Abbot Loop Elementary. “We just really want to bring our community together and have them go through their closets, donate any kind of winter gear that they have whether it's for young kids or adults.”
Donation spots can found at:
Abbott Loop Elementary
Carr's on Abbott Road
Kaladi Brothers coffee shop on Brayton Drive
Offices of State Representative Charisse Millett downtown on 4th Avenue at LIO Building.
On November 2, the PTA will be selling the items at the school at 8427 Lake Otis Parkway.
Contact Neil Torquiano