There's a 100 percent chance of showers today, with a high temperature of around 54 degrees, according to the Aberdeen National Weather Service station.
About .10 to .25 inches of rain are expected to fall. Tonight's forecast shows a 60 percent chance of rain and Tuesday's forecast shows a 40 percent chance of rain with a high near 64 degrees.
A hazardous weather outlook has been issued for most of northeast South Dakota because of the rain.
There will be a brief respite from the rain Wednesday into Thursday night before thunderstorms are expected to roll in. Throughout the weekend into Memorial Day, there is a 30 percent chance of rain and thunderstorms.