This quinoa salad is a filling and nutritious lunch, while giving you a huge dose of protein and fiber! It is great for on the go, and is delicious chilled. Better yet, this recipe is packed with metabolism boosting ingredients to help you start burning calories naturally. It may sound too good to be true, but there are actually some foods that can help spike your metabolism, trigger hormones that release fat, while also detoxing your body! To fully activate the calories from every meal, add some heat! Some naturally warming foods are cayenne pepper, ginger, basil, vinegar and garlic. All have been shown to help increase the amount of calories your body burns! Enjoy this tasty recipe, and add as much cayenne as you wish.
WHAT YOU NEED:
• 2 cups cooked rainbow quinoa
• 1 cup cooked black lentils
• 3 Tbsps goji berries
• 3-5 dried apricots (sliced)
• 3 Tbsps dried currants
• 2-3 Tbsps slivered almonds
• 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves (chopped, 5-6 large leaves)
• 1/2 small avocado (chopped, optional)
• 1/2 grapefruit
• 1/2 cup unsweetened pomegranate juice
• 1 Tbsp unfiltered apple cider vinegar
• 2-3 pitted Medjool dates
• 1 garlic clove
• ½ tsp ground ginger
• ½ tsp Cayenne pepper
WHAT YOU DO:
1. Blend all dressing ingredients in a high powered blender. Set aside.
2. Combine all salad ingredients except avocado in a mixing bowl.
3. Mix the dressing and salad ingredients together. Before serving, mix in the sliced avocado.
*This can be made the night before and eaten on the go; it tastes good chilled, too. It will keep for 2-3 days in refrigerator.Copyright © 2015, CT Now