5. Arrange in a large, heavy roasting pan. Scatter garlic cloves around hens.
6. Roast in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
7. Pour wine, broth and remaining 2 tablespoons of oil over hens.
8. Continue roasting about 25 minutes longer, until hens are golden brown and juices run clear.
9. Baste with pan juices every 10 minutes.
10. Transfer hens to a platter, pouring any cavity juices into the roasting pan.
Tent hens with aluminum foil to keep warm.
11. Transfer pan juices and garlic cloves to a medium saucepan. Mash garlic and boil until liquids reduce to a sauce consistency, about 6 minutes.
12. Remove lemons from cavity and squeeze over breast. Cut hens in half lengthwise and arrange on plates. Spoon sauce and garlic around hens.
Garnish with rosemary sprigs and serve.
Ginger Almond Pears
5 firm ripe pears
3 cups apple cider
2 tsp finely chopped fresh gingerroot
3 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot
1/2 tsp pure almond extract
Salt to taste