- 2 ripe pears, halved, cored and seeded
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened
- One-quarter cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons low-fat granola
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
Other Featured Recipes
Aged Cheddar with Apple Wedges and Cider Reduction
- 2 cups apple cider
- 2 teaspoons chilled butter
- 8 (1-ounce) slices walnut or other nut bread, toasted and halved
- 1/2 pound Shelburne Farms or other aged cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and each cut into 16 slices
Bring cider to a boil in a large saucepan; cook until reduced to 1/2 cup (about 15 minutes). Remove from heat. Add butter; stir with a whisk until butter melts.
Place two bread halves on each of eight dessert plates. Divide cheese evenly among bread halves. Place two apple slices on each bread half. Drizzle 1 tablespoon cider reduction around each serving.
Roasted Root Vegetables with Apple Juice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups apple juice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/4 pounds turnips
- 1 1/4 pounds parsnips
- 1 1/4 pounds carrots
- 1 1/4 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1 1/4 pounds rutabagas
- Salt and pepper to taste
Boil apple juice and wine in a large saucepan until reduced to 3/4 cup, about 30 minutes. Whisk in butter or margarine.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
Peel and cut vegetables into l/2 inch pieces. Divide between 2 roasting pans. Pour apple juice mixture over vegetables. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
Roast until vegetables are tender and golden, stirring occasionally, about 40 minutes.