12:17 PM EST, March 8, 2013
Oh, boy....it's ANOTHER DAY OFF! We are currently still in our jammies. After reading our latest "Narnia" book together, eating a leisurely breakfast and playing lots of Lego, I'm now letting the guys enjoy the ole' video games while I get a little more work done...a Mom's gotta do what a Mom's gotta do. Hopefully, soon, we'll get outside and play in the snow.
If you're struggling to come up with fun, family activities today, Parenting Coach Susan Epstein of New London is providing us with a "Snow Day Tool Kit".
Here are her suggestions to beat boredom:
1. Make play dough (get the recipie on the internet)...Get out the cookie cutters and let the kids make a mess. Once it dries, it is a breeze to clean up.
2. Shoe boxes, magazines, glue sticks all together makegreat art projects. Let kids decorate the boxes, then use them for storing their treasures.
3. Go through photographs and let the kids cut them up and make a collage of a family vacation.
4. Set up a school room and let the kids be the teachers to each other.
5. Have an indoor scavenger hunt.
6. Have a picnic lunch on beach towels and bathing suits in the family room.
7. Let the kids build a fort out of chairs and blankets.
8. Read your kids a book.
9. Give your kids a bag of objects and have them put on a play for you using the objects.
10. Sit back and watch your kids have fun, while knowing you are sparking their creative minds while feeling proud of your wonderful parenting powers!
Click here to learn more about Susan's company, Parenting Powers.
Have fun and let us know what you're doing!