We're all gearing up for school (YIKES) and all the craziness that goes along with it: sports, carpools and autumn outings. It's so hard to keep dinnertime straight and provide good meals for the family. So, here is an easy recipe courtesy of Food Network star Chef Rory Schepisi. Enjoy!
1 pound pasta of choice (Rory uses Fusili or Spiral)
2 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 jar marinara/tomato sauce
½ cup ricotta cheese
1/3 cup sliced pepperoni
1 cup shredded Mozzarella
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions
2. Blanche and place in oven proof casserole dish; lightly oil pasta
3. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
4. Place ricotta, 1/3 of shredded mozzarella, marinara sauce, Italian seasoning and half of pepperoni slices in a bowl and mix well
5. Pour mixture over pasta and gently smooth until all pasta is covered
6. Top with remaining shredded mozzarella and top with remaining pepperoni slices
7. Place in oven and bake for 15-20 min or until cheese bubbles
8. Let cool, cut into pieces and enjoy!