16. Add grated raw carrot and toasted walnuts.
17. Add chopped dates and toasted coconut.
19. Add about a cup of Rice Krispies cereal.
20. Chocolate-Dipped: Bake jumbo cookies and allow to cool. Cut cookies into quarters and dip each pointed end in melted semi-sweet chocolate. Allow chocolate to set, and serve.
21. Oatmeal Black and Whites: Bake large oatmeal cookies and cool. Make chocolate and white icing. Frost one half of each cookie with dark icing, and the other half with white.
22. Oatmeal Faux Macarons: Make small, puffy oatmeal cookies and sandwich two with chocolate ganache. Allow ganache to set, and serve.
23. Orange-Glazed Oatmeal Cookies: Make a light glaze by mixing 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 1/2 tablespoons orange juice and pinch of grated orange zest. Drizzle over cookies and allow to dry.
24. Oatmeal Cookie Dip: Bake mini oatmeal cookies, and make chocolate yogurt dip. Whisk one cup vanilla yogurt with one tablespoon of cocoa powder and one tablespoon brown sugar. Chill for an hour, then serve with cookies and fresh strawberries.
25. Brandied Cherry Oatmeal Ice Cream Sandwiches: Soak dried cherries in brandy and drain. Add to oatmeal dough; bake jumbo cookies and cool. Sandwich with good-quality cherry ice cream and freeze.
Marilyn Naron is a chef who blogs at Simmer Till Done (http://simmertilldone.com/). One for the Table is Amy Ephron's online magazine that specializes in food, politics, and love. http://www.oneforthetable.com/.