The Japanese Meteorological Agency issued a brief tsunami advisory, warning of a half-meter wave. The tsunami advisory was called off a short time after the agency issued it.
- Japan Gathers for Tearful Memorial, 1 Year After Devastating Quake
- VIDEO: First Look At Devastated City of Sendai - Frank Buckley reports from Japan
- Incredible video from moment earthquake hit Japan
- Photos: Japan remembers quake, tsunami two years later
- Before and after: One year after the Japan tsunami
- Photos: Earthquake and tsunami hit Japan
- Video: Japan marks quake, tsunami anniversary
- Raw video: Fukushima remembered at Japan protest
- Video: Japan's 2011 tsunami survivors still homeless
See more videos »
- Japan Earthquake and Tsunami (2011)
- CNN (tv network)
See more topics »
There were no immediate reports of damage, police said.
This temblor comes three days after the one-year anniversary of the earthquake and tsunami that killed thousands in Japan, and triggered the world's worst nuclear crisis in a quarter century.