DERRY TOWNSHIP, DAUPHIN COUNTY—Prostate Cancer affects 1 out of 6 men in the United States.
Not everyone experiences symptoms of prostate cancer. Many times, signs of prostate cancer are first detected by a doctor during a routine check-up.
- A need to urinate frequently.
- Difficulty starting urination or holding back urine
- Weak or interrupted flow of urine
- Painful or burning urination
- Difficulty in having an erection
- Painful ejaculation
- Blood in urine or semen
- Frequent pain or stiffness in the lower back, hips, or upper thighs
Here is a link to the Prostate Cancer Foundation:
If you're interested in participating in Penn State Hershey Medical Center's Prostate Cancer Study you can call this number: 717-531-1002