Recipes to satisfy your cravings
Double Chocolate Cupcakes
1 can (12 oz.) room temperature Diet Coke
1 egg white
16 ounces bittersweet chocolate (60% cacao), finely chopped
1/2 cup low-fat milk
1. Preheat oven to 350F for metal pan and 325F for dark or coated pan.
2. Line muffin tin with foil baking cups and coat bottoms with vegetable cooking spray.
3. Blend dry cake mix, Diet Coke and egg white in a large bowl with electric mixer at low speed until moistened, about 1 minute. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
4. Pour batter into cupcake pans and bake immediately.
5. Bake approximately 15 to 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
6. Remove cupcakes immediately from pan and cool on wire rack.
7. Combine chocolate and milk in medium microwavable bowl; microwave for 2 to 4 minutes, stirring every minute, until completely melted.
8. Top each cooled cupcake with a heaping teaspoon or so of melted chocolate; spread around to edges of cupcake.
9. Let cupcakes sit at room temperature until chocolate is firm. Store at room temperature.
*This also makes a great 9x13-inch cake. Simply grease sides and bottom of pan with cooking spray and bake according to directions, checking for doneness five minutes earlier than recommended.
Nutrition information per cupcake: 180 calories, 2.5 g protein, 28 g carbohydrate, 8 g fat, 4.5 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 175 mg sodium, 35 mg calcium, 1.5 mg iron, 2 g fiber.
Super Berry Blast
3/4 cup Odwalla Blueberry B Monster or Strawberry C Monster Fruit Smoothie
1 cup frozen blueberries, strawberries or mixed berries
1/2 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
1. Mix all in blender and enjoy immediately.
2. Makes 1 serving.
Nutrition facts per serving: 230 calories, 51 g carbohydrate, 4.5 g protein, 0.5 g fat and numerous vitamins depending on fruits and Odwalla flavor used.