NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The July 2018 Subscriber Benefits Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) starts at 12:01 a.m. (ET) on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday, July 15, 2018. The sponsor of the Sweepstakes is The Hartford Courant Company, LLC (“Sponsor”). The Sweepstakes will be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, all entrants agree to abide and be bound by the terms and conditions herein and the decisions of the Sponsor. The computer clock of the Sponsor’s webmaster is the official timekeeping device of the Sweepstakes.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Each entrant must be a US citizen or legal resident and a resident of Connecticut, age 18 or older at the time of entry. Each entrant also must be a Hartford Courant subscriber (all active subs – digital, 7 day, or partial services) as of July 10, 2018, and must be a named recipient of the Sweepstakes email. Employees (and their respective immediate family members) of the Sponsor, tronc Inc., and prize providers, and of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising agencies, are not eligible to win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related. Entrants who have won a prize from a promotion sponsored by Sponsor within the three months prior to the start of the Sweepstakes are ineligible and will be disqualified. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited and outside Connecticut.
2. HOW TO ENTER & DEADLINE TO ENTER:When entering, each entrant will be asked to designate which of two prize pools the entrant wishes to enter. Entrants can enter for only one of the two prizes, as described below.
- To enter to win a four pack of ticket vouchers to the New Britain Bees, log onto www.courant.com/benefits-sweepstakes and accurately complete all required fields in the Sweepstakes entry form including but not limited to name, address, age, phone number, and email. Entrants must also select “New Britain Bees Vouchers” from the dropdown menu field entitled “Which prize would you like to win?”.
- To enter to win a Best Buy gift card, log onto www.courant.com/benefits-sweepstakes and accurately complete all required fields in the Sweepstakes entry form including but not limited to name, address, age, phone number, and email. Entrants must also select “Best Buy Gift Card” from the dropdown menu field entitled “Which prize would you like to win?”.
3. SELECTION OF WINNERS: All qualified online entries submitted during the Sweepstakes entry period will be combined into two entry pools. Prize winners will be selected at random by the Courant from all eligible entries, on or about Monday, July 16, 2018. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries.
4. CLAIMING PRIZES: Sponsor will confirm all winners are Hartford Courant subscribers, and if contacted, winners May be required to present valid photo identification, proof of age, residency, signed affidavit or declaration of eligibility, liability release, publicity release, tax forms and/or other legal documents to Sponsor within five business days of the date Sponsor contacts the winner. Sponsor May in its sole discretion allow transmission of verification documents via fax or email. If potential winner: (a) cannot be contacted directly by, or does not respond to, Sponsor within 48 hours of initial attempted notification, (b) fails to satisfy any eligibility or verification requirement herein, (c) declines to accept the prize, (d) fails to sign documents required by Sponsor or provide required identification by the deadline established by Sponsor, or (e) is otherwise determined to be ineligible, Sponsor in its discretion May disqualify that individual and select an alternate winner for that prize by random drawing from remaining eligible, non-winning entries in that entry pool, time permitting. Sponsor will conduct up to one alternate drawing for each prize.
New Britain Bees Prizes: 50 winners will receive a 4-pack of tickets vouchers to a 2018 New Britain Bees game of winner’s choice at New Britain Stadium (230 John Karbonic Way, New Britain, CT 06051). Vouchers can be used for any one home game during the 2018 season. Game tickets are based on availability. For information about the New Britain Bees, visit nbbees.com. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each prize is $44.
Best Buy Prizes: 25 winners will receive a $50 Best Buy gift card. Redeemable in any U.S. or Puerto Rico Best Buy retail location or online at BestBuy.com® where available for merchandise or services, including Magnolia Home Theater® and Geek Squad®. You can check your balance at any U.S. or Puerto Rico Best Buy retail location, online at BestBuy.com, or by calling 1-888-716-7994. For additional details about the Best Buy gift card including terms and conditions, visit www.bestbuy.com. Actual retail value (“ARV”) of each prize is $50.
There is a total of 75 prizes. Approximate retail value of all the prizes is $3,450. Federal, state and local taxes, incidental expenses, and any additional expenses if any, as well as all other costs and expenses not otherwise mentioned are the sole responsibility of the winner.
Sponsor will mail all prizes during the week of July 16, 2018. Sponsor is not responsible for loss, delay, or damage in delivery. Prize is not replaceable if lost or stolen and is non-transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash, credit or merchandise. No substitute prizes are available except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded, provided a sufficient number of eligible entries are received, but in no event will Sponsor award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guaranty, either express or implied, provided by Sponsor.
6. CONDITIONS & RESTRICTIONS: Entrants agree Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Sweepstakes and Official Rules and that its decision is final and binding. Except where prohibited by law, entrants agree to allow use of their name, voice, photograph, likeness and any information provided on entry form, in any medium of communication, including print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose in connection with the Sweepstakes, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsor, prize provider, and/or their affiliates, without additional compensation. Winner must provide proof of legal name, address, zip code, and telephone number to receive designated prize (for example, in the form of a government-issued driver’s license or identification card). By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the prize providers, Sponsor, and their respective parent corporations, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and all of the officers, directors, agents, and employees of the foregoing from any and all damages, injuries, claims, causes of action, or losses of any kind resulting from entrant’s participation in this Sweepstakes, and/or entrant’s acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize and any travel related thereto, including without limitation, personal injury, death, property damage, defamation, infringement of intellectual property rights, and claims based on the rights of publicity and privacy.
By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, must be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. Some jurisdictions do not allow for limitations on the ability to pursue class action remedies, or certain kinds of damages, and so these limitations May not apply to you.
Connecticut law will govern this Sweepstakes, without regard to Connecticut’s choice of law rules. Either the federal or state courts located in Connecticut will be the exclusive forum for any dispute regarding any Official Rule or activity associated with the Sweepstakes.
Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the Sweepstakes or in the announcements of the prizes/prize winner.
All activity arising out of and relating to the Sweepstakes, including any reference to an entrant’s status as a “winner,” is subject to verification and/or auditing for compliance with the Official Rules and you agree to cooperate with Sponsor concerning such verification and/or auditing. If Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that verification or auditing activity evidences non-compliance of an entry and/or entrant with the Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify such entry and/or entrant from the Sweepstakes and any prize at any time. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way will be disqualified. Any individual who attempts or otherwise encourages, directly or indirectly, the entry of multiple or false contact information under multiple identities, by use of any robotic, automatic, mechanical or programmed device or artifice to enter or encourage, directly or indirectly, multiple or false entries, as determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified. If a dispute arises regarding compliance with these Official Rules, Sponsor May consider, in its sole discretion, data reasonably available to Sponsor through information technology systems in Sponsor’s control, but Sponsor will not be obligated to consider any data or other information collected from any other source. Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules or the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsors’ right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance. If there is any conflict between the terms of these Official Rules and any marketing or entry materials, these Official Rules will govern.
7. INTERNET: If for any reason, the Internet-related portion of this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause that corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes. If Sponsor terminates the Sweepstakes, Sponsor will choose prize winners by random drawing as set forth above from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the termination, and Sponsor will post notice of its action on the Sweepstakes website.
8. WINNERS LIST: Write to, “July Subscriber Winners”; The Hartford Courant, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 (Attn: Circulation). All requests for winners’ lists must be received by July 31, 2018.
9. SPONSOR: The Hartford Courant Company, LLC, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115.