Connecticut Historical Society: Connecticut's Landscape

Elizabeth Chapel, Retreat for the Insane, Hartford, 1915-1930. Connecticut Historical Society collection. [The institution opened in 1824 as the Connecticut Retreat for the Insane; in 1841 the name changed to the Retreat for the Insane at Hartford; in the twentieth century the name changed again to the Institute of Living. Elizabeth Chapel was designed by George Keller, who was responsible for a number of other buildings on the property.]
Copyright © 2016, CT Now
56°