Connecticut Historical Society: Connecticut's Landscape

Elizabeth Chapel, Retreat for the Insane, Hartford, 1915-1930. Connecticut Historical Society collection.  [The institution opened in 1824 as the Connecticut Retreat for the Insane; in 1841 the name changed to the Retreat for the Insane at Hartford; in the twentieth century the name changed again to the Institute of Living. Elizabeth Chapel was designed by George Keller, who was responsible for a number of other buildings on the property.]

( Connecticut Historical Society / June 27, 2014 )

Elizabeth Chapel, Retreat for the Insane, Hartford, 1915-1930. Connecticut Historical Society collection. [The institution opened in 1824 as the Connecticut Retreat for the Insane; in 1841 the name changed to the Retreat for the Insane at Hartford; in the twentieth century the name changed again to the Institute of Living. Elizabeth Chapel was designed by George Keller, who was responsible for a number of other buildings on the property.]

  • Email E-mail
  • add to Twitter Twitter
  • add to Facebook Facebook