Major award shows such as the Grammys and the Oscars are right around the corner, but much of the arts and entertainment world is spending more time reacting to the new presidency of Donald Trump and his recent executive order on immigration. Here's what's new and interesting in entertainment and the arts:
- AFI voices support for Oscar nominee Asghar Farhadi
- Watch the final 'Beauty and the Beast' trailer
- James Corden protests Trump's travel ban
- Oprah Winfrey to join '60 Minutes' as the first contributor in the show's history
- Celebrities join LAX protest of travel ban
Oprah Winfrey is joining the CBS newsmagazine “60 Minutes” as a contributor.
The talk show host, actress, cable network owner and producer will appear in several segments a year on the program starting this fall, CBS News announced Tuesday.
“I’ve been a big admirer of ‘60 Minutes’ since my days as a young reporter,” Winfrey said in a statement. “I’m so excited and proud to join forces with this historic news program, which for me represents the bastion of journalistic storytelling.”
It’s the first time in the program’s history that “60 Minutes” has had a contributor.