Here's what's new and interesting in the world of entertainment and the arts today:
- Cubs and Indians are a World Series ratings hit for Fox
- CNN accepted Donna Brazile's resignation after interactions with Clinton campaign revealed
- 'Madea' burns 'Inferno' at the box office
- How Kim Kardashian's social media silence could affect 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians'
- 'Rambo' will return but without Sylvester Stallone
Looking to get scared witless this Halloween weekend? Here’s your guide to select haunted houses, escape rooms and other frights to tickle your terror bone. Events run through the weekend unless otherwise noted.
Blackthorne Screamfest: Two mazes, plus live music and DJs; for ages 13 and up. Pico Rivera Sports Arena, 11003 Sports Arena Drive, Pico Rivera. Friday and Saturday only. $25-$80. www.blackthornescreamfest.com
BOO-tanicum: Family-friendly event with ghost stories, haunted house and more. Will Geer’s Theatricum Botanicum, 1419 N. Topanga Canyon Blvd., Topanga. Saturday only, 4 to 10 p.m. $15; children 5 and under, free. www.theatricum.com
Creep L.A.’s Entry: A 1970s-era artist descends into madness in a series of interconnected vignettes in this terror tale inspired by the films of David Lynch and Stanley Kubrick; includes an interactive pre-show lounge. Creep LA, 2316 N. San Fernando Road, L.A. $40-$50. www.creepla.com