Shopsmart Text To Win Sweepstakes
Official Sweepstakes Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Entrants must be a US citizen or legal resident and a resident of Connecticut or Massachusetts in the Hartford Courant readership area, age 18 or older at the time of entry. Employees (and their respective immediate family members) of media outlets or of the Hartford Courant, WTIC-TV/WCCT-TV, Tribune Television Company, and of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising agencies, are not eligible to win. Void where prohibited and outside Connecticut and Massachusetts. This Sweepstakes shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Connecticut law, excluding choice of law provisions.
2. TO ENTER: Sweepstakes begins on Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 12PM EST, and entries must be received by Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 9AM EST (the "Sweepstakes Period"). There are two ways to enter:
A. Enter via Text-Message: Using the text messaging feature on your cellular telephone, send a text message to #37798 with the code word SHOPPER, DOORBUSTER, FRIDAY, BARGAIN or SPECIALS. All entrants must have a text messaging two-way capable handset and digital service in order to enter the Sweepstakes using the text messaging method. Entrants will be sent a text message to confirm or reject entry into the Sweepstakes. Text-Message entries may be subject to fees under the terms of the entrant’s cell-phone/text messaging subscription plan (contact your carrier for pricing plans and details). Text messaging and wireless service are not available in all areas. Text HELP to 37798 for help and text STOP SHOPSMART to 37798 to cancel. You may receive subsequent messages clarifying or confirming your opt-out request. For terms and conditions visit privacy.tribune.com. If any dispute arises as to identity of any entrant, an entrant shall be considered the authorized account holder by the cellular provider. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned a number by the cellular provider or as shown on the cellular provider’s records or the natural person authorized to use the number by an entity that is shown on cellular provider’s records for that number. Only entries to the designated number and containing the correct keyword shall be eligible. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any text message entry at any time which in Sponsor’s opinion does not comply with these Official Rules.
B. Enter On-Line: Log onto www.ctnow.com/shopper and complete all required fields in the Sweepstakes entry form including but not limited to name, address, age, phone number, and e-mail. On-line entries containing attachments, generated by a script, macro or other automated means shall be disqualified. On-line entrants must use their own name. Copies or other mechanical reproductions, facsimiles, entries containing technical or electronic reproductions, entries containing attached files are not eligible and will be rejected. If you use multiple e-mail addresses to submit more than one (1) online entry, only the first entry will count.
C. Restrictions: Limit one entry per person, regardless of method of entry. Duplicate entries from the same person or cell phone number in a given week will be disqualified. All entries become the property of the Hartford Courant, WTIC-TV/WCCT-TV, and Tribune Television Company (collectively, "Sweepstakes Entities"). Incomplete entries are void. Any individual who attempts or otherwise encourages, directly or indirectly, the entry of multiple or false contact information under multiple identities, by cellular phone, or uses any robotic, automatic, mechanical or programmed device or artifice to enter or encourage, directly or indirectly, multiple or false entries, as determined by the Sweepstakes Entities, will be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misaddressed or misdirected due to technical or computer failures, errors or data loss of any kind, lost or unavailable internet connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or deleted computer network transmissions, inability to access the website, cellular network or online service, or any other technical error or malfunction.
3. SELECTION OF WINNERS: One (1) Winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries on or about Tuesday, November, 2012. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Winner will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail within one (1) day of the drawing. If a selected Winner is ineligible, if the WTIC-TV/WCCT-TV is unable to make contact after reasonable effort and time (two days of initial call), or if a Winner fails to pick up the prize and sign the necessary forms by Friday, November 16, 2012 at 4PM (EST), the prize shall be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
4. AWARDING & DELIVERY OF PRIZES: 1 Grand Prize: Winner will receive four (4) tickets to The 2012 Kellogg’s® Tour of Gymnastics Champions on Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 7:00 p.m. at the XL Center (One Civic Center Plaza, Hartford, CT 06103 and one (1) $100 gift card to the Hartford Restaurant Group. Gift card is good for Agave Grill, Wood-n-Tap, and TD Homer’s Grill (Up to $100 value. Food, beverage, and alcohol, if legally permitted, are included. Tax, gratuity, and anything over $100, is the sole responsibility of the Winner). More info about Hartford Restaurant Group can be found at http://hartfordrestaurantgroup.com/hrg.htm. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the entire prize is $472. Federal, state and local taxes and any additional expenses if any, including travel, or other incidental expenses incurred as part of the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. To claim the prize, winners must come to the Hartford Courant building: 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115, 9 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday, by November 16, 2012. If the winner fails to show proof of legal name, address, zip code, telephone number, and age (for example, in the form of a government-issued driver's license or identification card) and fill out and sign the necessary forms (The CT1 Media Sweepstakes release form and eligibility form) by that date, that winner shall be disqualified and the prize shall be forfeited. Prize is not replaceable if lost or stolen, non-transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash, credit or merchandise. No substitute prizes are available except at Sponsor's sole discretion. Prize is awarded "as is" with no warranty or guaranty, either express or implied, provided by Sponsor. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsor award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules.
All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes made by Sponsor are final and binding.
SUCH PRIZE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE RELEASED PARTIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
5. CONDITIONS & RESTRICTIONS: Entrants agree Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Sweepstakes and that their decision is final and binding. Winners by acceptance of a prize, agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, prize providers, their parent companies and affiliates, and each of their employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, losses of any kind, damage, causes of action, costs or claims related to any allegation regarding the award of, the receipt of, or the use of their prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, property damage, defamation, infringement of intellectual property rights and claims based on the rights of publicity and privacy. Sponsor is not responsible for personal injury of any prizewinner incurred in connection with the use of their prize. Winner must provide proof of legal name, age, address, zip code, and telephone number to receive prize (for example, in the form of a government-issued driver’s license or valid identification card). Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. The use of automated entry devices or any other conduct that impedes the integrity of the Sweepstakes is prohibited. Sponsors' decisions as to all matters related to the administration of the Sweepstakes and selection of the prize winners are final. This Sweepstakes shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Connecticut law, excluding choice of law provisions.
Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if, at their sole discretion, Sponsor find such entrant to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or if such entrant shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner the Sponsor determine to be not fair or equitable; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Sponsor assumes no liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; or (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or the Sweepstakes website or any combination thereof. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the Sweepstakes or in the announcements of the prizes/prize winners.
By participating in these Sweepstakes, you also agree to have your name, biographical information, and likeness used in any and all media for promotional purposes relating to these Sweepstakes or future similar Sweepstakes without further compensation or notice, except as prohibited by law.
Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules nor the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor’s right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance.
6. INTERNET: If for any reason, the Internet-related portion of this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes in which case Sponsor will award the remaining, un-awarded prize(s) in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the Sweepstakes termination. If Sponsor terminates or suspends the Sweepstakes, it will post notice of its action on the Sweepstakes website. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES.
7. WINNERS’ LIST: For Winner’s name; write to "Shopsmart Text Winner"; The Hartford Courant, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 (Attn: Marketing). All requests for Winners lists must be received by November 30, 2012.
8. SPONSOR: The Hartford Courant Company, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115.