4:15 PM EST, January 22, 2013
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Idol Ticket Giveaway ("Sweepstakes") entry period starts at 12 a.m. (EST) Wednesday, March 13, 2013 and ends at 11:59 p.m. (EST), Wednesday, April 3, 2013. The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Tribune Broadcasting Hartford, LLC ("Sponsor" or “CT1 Media”). The Sweepstakes shall be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, all entrants agree to abide and be bound by the terms and conditions herein and the decisions of the Sponsor. The computer clock of CT1 Media’s webmaster is the official timekeeping device of the Sweepstakes.
1. ELIGIBILITY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Entrants must be a US citizen or legal resident and a resident of Connecticut in the Fox CT WTIC-TV viewing area, age 18 or older at the time of entry. Employees (and their respective immediate family members) of the Sponsor, The Hartford Courant LLC, WTIC-TV/WCCT-TV, CT1 Media, , and of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising agencies, are not eligible to win. Employees of other media companies including all radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited and outside Connecticut. Winners who have won a prize from a promotion sponsored by CT1 Media within the last six (6) months are ineligible and will be disqualified.
2. TO ENTER: Log onto www.ctnow.com/idolcontest and complete all required fields in the Sweepstakes entry form including but not limited to name, address, age, phone number, and e-mail. Only one (1) entry per person or e-mail address, per day, for a total of 22 entries, will be accepted. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries, and that entrant may be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind.
3. DEADLINE: All entries must be received by Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. (EST). Entrants must use their own name. If any dispute arises concerning the identity of an entrant, the owner of an email account from which entry was sent shall be deemed the entrant. E-mail entries containing attached files are not eligible and will be rejected. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties or inability to transmit Internet entries. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
4. SELECTION OF WINNER: All qualified online entries submitted during the Sweepstakes Period will be combined into a single entry pool. One (1) Winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries (subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these rules). Winner will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail by April 8, 2013. If a selected Winner is ineligible, if WTIC-TV/WCCT-TV is unable to make contact after reasonable effort and time (two days of initial call), or if a Winner fails to pick up the prize and sign the necessary forms within reasonable period of time, the prize shall be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Once an entrant has been declared a Winner, he or she, or anyone in their respective household, shall not be eligible to be a Winner in any additional daily drawings held during the Sweepstakes Period.
5. AWARDING & DELIVERY OF PRIZES: Winner will receive: (i) Hotel accommodations (double occupancy) for Winner and Guest for three (3) nights at a Los Angeles or Burbank hotel selected by Sponsor in their sole discretion and round-trip coach airfare for two (2) from Hartford, CT to Los Angeles or Burbank, CA (approximate retail value: $1,850) (dates of travel and airports will be decided by Sponsor); (ii) admission for two (2) to be part of the audience for an American Idol Live performance show on May 8, 2013 at CBS Television City, 7800 Beverly Blvd, Hollywood, CA 90036 (approximate retail value: $100); and one (1) $250 Visa Gift Card. Show tickets will be based on availability and may change in Sponsor and FOX Broadcasting Company’s sole discretion. Local ground transportation from Winner’s residence to the Hartford airport, local ground transportation in Los Angeles, including travel to and from the Los Angeles Airport and within California is not included. Winner and his/her guest are responsible for all incidental expenses and other costs that are not specifically stated in these Rules. The total approximate retail value ("ARV") of the Grand Prize is $2,200. The actual value of certain prize elements may vary depending on date and time of travel, airfare fluctuations, and hotel costs at the time of travel. Therefore, the actual value of the prize awarded may be lower or higher at the time it is fulfilled. Any difference between actual value and stated “ARV” will not be awarded. Federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Winner's guest must be at least six (6) years of age or older. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary, on dates determined by Sponsor, and must have valid government-issued identification and any other documents necessary for air travel. Winner is responsible for all applicable travel and other insurance, all applicable airport charges including, without limitation, any excess baggage charges, airport taxes, fuel charges and any applicable Customs or Federal inspection fees. Tickets are not transferable, refundable or redeemable. Winner will be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility, a W9 form, and Winner and guest will be required to execute a release of liability prior to receiving their prize. Winner and guest must travel on dates and times booked by Sweepstakes Sponsor. If the live show is cancelled, or if the flight is delayed or cancelled, no substitute prizes are available except at Sponsors' sole discretion. Sponsor has the right to change the start and end dates of the sweepstakes to the extent necessary to adjust to events of Force Majeure as well as to changes to production and broadcast schedules, without financial or legal liability of nature whatsoever. Sponsor and FOX Broadcasting Company shall have the right to substitute the prize at their sole discretion. All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes made by the Sponsor are final and binding.
6. CONDITIONS & RESTRICTIONS: Entrants agree Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Sweepstakes and that its decision is final and binding. Except where prohibited by law, entrants agree to allow use of their name, voice, photograph, likeness and any information provided on entry form, in any medium of communication, including print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsor and/or its affiliates, without additional compensation.
By participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Fox Broadcasting Company, News Corporation, Fox Digital Media, FremantleMedia North America, Inc., American Idol Productions, Inc., 19 TV Ltd., 19 Merchandising Ltd., CKX, Inc, The Hartford Courant, and all these companies' parent corporations, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and the officers, directors, agents, and employees of all such companies from any and all damages, injuries, claims, causes of action, or losses of any kind resulting from your participation in this sweepstakes, and/or your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize and any travel related thereto, including without limitation, personal injury, death, property damage, defamation, infringement of intellectual property rights, and claims based on the rights of publicity and privacy.
All federal, state and local laws apply, and this Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. Winner must provide proof of legal name, address, zip code, and telephone number to receive prize (for example, in the form of a government-issued driver's license or valid identification card). Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. The use of automated entry devices or any other conduct that impedes the integrity of the Sweepstakes is prohibited. Sponsors' decisions as to all matters related to the administration of the Sweepstakes and selection of the prize winners are final. This Sweepstakes shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Connecticut law, excluding choice of law provisions. Sponsor is not responsible for changes made to the Prizes being awarded; including any delay, cancellation or postponement of the Prize events, and is under no obligation to provide a substitute prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the Sweepstakes or in the announcements of the prizes/prize winners. By participating in these Sweepstakes, you also agree to have your name, biographical information, and likeness used in any and all media for promotional purposes relating to these sweepstakes or future similar sweepstakes without further compensation or notice, except as prohibited by law. Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules nor the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor's right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance.
SUCH PRIZE(S) ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE RELEASED PARTIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
7. INTERNET: If for any reason, the Internet-related portion of this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. Information submitted in entries, including entrant's name, address, e-mail, etc., may be used by Sponsor or CT1 Media for marketing or promotional purposes.
8. FOR WINNER NAME: Write to, "Idol Ticket Giveaway"; FOXCT, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 (Attn: Marketing). All requests for rules and Winners' lists must be received by Friday, April 12, 2013.
9. SPONSOR: Tribune Television Company, LLC, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Visa.