Sign up today and save up to 83% on a Hartford Courant digital subscription
CT Now

David Student Union fire

Kitchen staff wait outside following a fire in the David Student Union building on the campus of Christopher Newport University on Monday morning. Investigators determined that a small fire started near the freezers in the kitchen and then caught cardboard material on fire, according to Newport News Fire Department Battalion Chief Jerry Reed. No one was injured in the incident. Kaitlin McKeown / Daily Press
Loading
64°