Hampton Roads professionals have been named to the Virginia Port Authority Board, the Board for Architects, the Council on Aging and the Governor's Advisory Council on Revenue Estimates.
Here are the local board appointments recently announced by Gov. Terry McAuliffe's office:
Virginia Port Authority
- Deborah C. Waters of Suffolk, Attorney at Law and Proctor in Admiralty
Board for Architects, Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, Certified Interior Designers and Landscape Architects
- Chris Stone of Virginia Beach, President, Clark Nexsen
Council on Aging
- Shewling Moy of Virginia Beach, Commissioner, Development Authority; Realtor; Former Registered Nurse
- Veronica E. Williams, JD of Hampton, Owner, Virginia LifeCare Planning, The Center for Elder Law & Estate Planning
- Sandra Williamson-Ashe of Chesapeake, Assistant Professor, The Ethelyn R. Strong School of Social Work, Norfolk State University
Criminal Justice Services Board
- The Honorable Kelvin L. Wright of Chesapeake, Chief of Police
Governor’s Advisory Council on Revenue Estimates
- William M. Grace* of Yorktown, President and CEO, Grace Industries, Inc.
- James A. Hixon* of Norfolk, Executive Vice President, Law and Corporate Relations, Norfolk Southern Corporation
- Mike Petters* of Newport News, President & CEO, Huntington Ingalls Industries
- C. Larry Pope of Williamsburg, President and CEO, Smithfield Foods, Inc.
- Jody Wagner of Virginia Beach, President, Jody’s Inc.
Governor’s Task Force for Local Government Mandates
- George E. Wallace of Hampton, Mayor, City of Hampton
Virginia Cave Board
- Michele Baird* of Virginia Beach, Astronomy Teacher, Granby High School