Sweepstakes begins 8:00 a.m. (EST) November 7, 2011 and ends 2:00 p.m. (EST) Sunday, November 20, 2011 (the "Sweepstakes Period")
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Making a purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local regulations apply. "Winter FunFest Car Giveaway" is sponsored by Liberty Mazda, FOX CT, Hartford Courant, and CT1 Media (each a "Sponsor" and collectively "Sponsors")
1. HOW TO ENTER AND QUALIFY FOR THE GRAND PRIZE: There are three ways to enter for the Grand Prize (as defined below). Only one entry per any method (for a total of one entry) will be allowed:
a. Enter On Site Method with Test Drive: Beginning Monday, November 7, 2011 at 8:00 a.m. (EST), and ending Friday, November 18, 2011 at 6 p.m. (EST), visit the Liberty Mazda showroom, 91 West Service Road, Hartford, CT, 06120, during regular business hours (http://www.libertymazda.net/about-us/hours-directions) to test drive a New Mazda product (Any New Mazda, i.e. Mazda3, Mazda5, Mazda CX-7, Mazda CX-9 Touring, etc.). After taking the test drive, submit your entry for the Grand Prize drawing by completing a paper entry form (Complete all required fields on the entry form including name, address, age, phone number, and email address) and depositing it in the designated entry box. Only one entry per person via this method during the Sweepstakes Period is permitted; any form not filled out completely will be discarded.
b. Enter online: Beginning Monday, November 7, 2011 at 8:00 a.m. (EST) and ending Friday, November 18, 2011 at 11:59 A.M. (EST), log on to www.ctnow.com/mazda3giveaway. Complete all required fields on the entry form including name, address, age, phone number, and email address. ONLY ONE ONLINE ENTRY PER PERSON WILL BE ACCEPTED. Duplicate entries from the same person will be disqualified. Entrants must use their own name. If any dispute arises concerning the identity of an entrant, the owner of an email account from which entry was sent shall be deemed the entrant. E-mail entries containing attached files are not eligible and will be rejected. Sponsors are not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties or inability to transmit Internet entries; or
c. Enter on location at Winter FunFest Event: Enter at the Winter FunFest ("The Event") on November 19, 2011 from 10am-5pm and November 20, 2011 from 11am-1pm at the XL Center, One Civic Center Plaza, Hartford, CT 06103. Submit your entry for the Grand Prize drawing by completing a paper entry form and depositing it in the designated entry box. Only one entry per person via this method is permitted; any form not filled out completely will be discarded. Sponsors are in no way responsible for ensuring access to the Event and organizers and providers of the Event are-in no way associated with this Sweepstakes. Sponsors are not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries.
2. SELECTION OF GRAND PRIZE WINNER: All entries (from dealer location, online, and Winter FunFest Event) will be combined into one pool and one (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries by Sponsors, on or about Sunday, November 20, 2011 at 1:30PM (EST). Grand Prize Winner does not need to be present. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. Sponsors will attempt to notify winner by telephone within three days of the drawing. If selected winner is ineligible, or if Sponsors are unable to make contact with a selected winner after reasonable effort and time (no more than 48 hours from time of initial call to winner), the prize shall be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
3. GRAND PRIZE DETAILS: The Grand Prize is a 24-month lease on a 2012 Mazda 3 I Sport automobile, furnished by Liberty Mazda, 91 West Service Road, Hartford, CT 06120, subject to meeting additional credit and insurance qualifications as specified by Liberty Mazda. The lease will commence upon the Grand Prize Winner completing the necessary paperwork and other eligibility requirements as required by Liberty Mazda. One Grand Prize will be awarded. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the total number of entries. Average Taxable retail value of the Grand Prize is $5,852.00 (excluding insurance costs, tags, registration fees and other charges that may be due from Grand Prize Winner as noted in the lease). Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a Grand Prize of equal or greater value. Grand Prize winner must possess a valid Connecticut driver license, meet credit qualifications specified by Liberty Mazda, provide proof of adequate automobile insurance, and agree to maintain such Insurance of the full duration of the lease, before the automobile lease will be awarded. Tag and registration fees are the responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. In the alternative, Grand Prize Winner may select to be awarded an alternate lump sum of $3000.00 in lieu of the automobile lease described herein, the amount of which the parties agree to be satisfactory substitution for the automobile lease, to be delivered to the Grand Prize winner by Liberty Mazda. The Grand Prize is non-transferable and the automobile lease or alternate cash prize check will be made out in the name of the Grand Prize winner only. The lease includes 10,000 miles per year for a total of 20,000 miles. All other terms and conditions governing usage will be set forth in the Lease to be provided by Liberty Mazda Grand Prize. Winner will be solely responsible for any federal state and local taxes for the Prize, and if the Lease option is selected, applicable license and registration fees, freight, delivery, dealer prep, additional equipment, all federal, state and local taxes, insurance, gasoline, vehicle maintenance, and all other fees and expenses not specified herein associated with the receipt and use of the Grand Prize vehicle. Liberty Mazda accepts no responsibility for repairing any real or supposed damage to the Grand Prize vehicle. Any additional options (including the interior and exterior color of the Grand Prize vehicle) not specified herein are subject to availability and any payment associated with such option(s) will be responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. Grand Prize winner must take delivery of the Grand Prize vehicle at Liberty Mazda by December 16, 2011. BE AWARE THAT TAXES ON THE PRIZE WILL, IN ALL LIKELIHOOD, BE SUBSTANTIAL. DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST IF YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO PAY TAXES ON THE PRIZE.
Sponsors are not responsible for changes made to the Prize being awarded, including any delay, cancellation or postponement of the Prize events, and are under no obligation to provide a substitute prize. Sponsors are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the contest or in the announcements of the prizes/prize winners. Neither the failure of Sponsors to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules or the failure, delay or omission by Sponsors in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of each Sponsor's right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance. All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes made by Sponsors are final and binding.
4. TERMS AND CONDITIONS; LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Entrants are responsible for complying with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and with these Sweepstakes Rules, and by entering; Entrants agree to be bound to these Sweepstakes Rules. Any security breach or other attempt by an Entrant or other party to tamper with the proper administration of the Sweepstakes will disqualify the Entrant and may result in civil or criminal action against the Entrant or other party and may result in the discontinuation, suspension or cancellation of the Sweepstakes. Winners and Entrants agree, except where prohibited by law, to release and discharge, hold harmless and indemnify the Sweepstakes entitles, their employees, agents and representatives, officers and directors and their immediate families, successors and assigns, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Sweepstakes, from any and all tax liability that may be imposed or associated with receipt or use of the Prize, and from and against any and all claims, actions, proceedings, and liability for any damages, expenses fees , injury or losses (including personal injury or death) sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the Prize or while traveling to, preparing for, or participating in any Sweepstakes-related or Prize-related activity. By entering the Sweepstakes or by winning, Entrants grant to the Sweepstakes Entitles the right to publicize the entrants name, photograph, image, likeness, voice and statements for advertising, trade and promotion purposes without compensation, without opportunity for review, and in perpetuity, except where prohibited by law. Winners must execute an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicly release before Prize will be awarded. Sponsors retain the discretion to make all decisions regarding the interpretation and application of these rules. All decisions of Sponsors are final In the event a selected winner of a prize is ineligible or refuses the prize, or in the event the prize if forfeited for any other reason, the prize will be forfeited and sponsors, in their sole discretion, may randomly select an alternate winner. The laws of the State of Connecticut shall govern this Sweepstakes, without regard to Connecticut's choice of law rules. The courts of Connecticut shall be the exclusive forum for any dispute relating to these rules and/or this Sweepstakes. All entrants and winners agree, by their participation in the Sweepstakes, to submit the personal jurisdiction of the courts of Connecticut. Winner agrees to provide his or her Social Security Number and home mailing address for tax purposes including the mailing of IRS form 1099 early in the year(s) following date of winning if applicable. Prizes may be considered income, and any and all taxes associated with Prized are the responsibility of each individual Winner.
Sponsors are not responsible for changes made to the Prizes being awarded; including any delay, cancellation or postponement of the Prize events, and is under no obligation to provide a substitute prize. Sponsors are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the Sweepstakes or in the announcements of the prizes/prize winners.
By participating in these Sweepstakes, you also agree to have your name, biographical information, and likeness used in any and all media for promotional purposes relating to these sweepstakes or future similar sweepstakes without further compensation or notice, except as prohibited by law.Neither the failure of Sponsors to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules nor the failure, delay or omission by Sponsors in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor's right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance.
SUCH PRIZE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE RELEASED PARTIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
5. DISCLAIMER AND FORCE MAJEURE: Sweepstakes Entities, their affiliated, parent and subsidiary companies, their employees, agents and officers, advertising and promotion agencies, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Sweepstakes are not responsible for: (1) Problems associated with radio transmission, phone lines and phone or IP numbers that are beyond their control this includes, but is not limited to: a busy signal, operator interference, cellular interference, internet congestion, technical or atmospheric conditions, interruptions or malfunctions that disrupt the completion of a phone call or internet service, or for technical difficulties which may prohibit, prevent or interfere with the transmission of radio signals to all or limited geographic areas during the playing of the Sweepstakes; (2) typographical errors in any materials relating to the Sweepstakes; (3) cancellations, postponements or delays; or (4) acts of god or chances of fate including, but not limited to, war, terrorism, government regulation, disaster, fire, strikes, civil disorder, or other similar causes beyond the control of the Sweepstakes entitles, their affiliated, parent and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotional agencies and their immediate assigns, making it inadvisable, illegal, impossible or impractical to continue the Sweepstakes or to perform under these rules. The Sweepstakes sponsors reserve the right to temporarily suspend the Sweepstakes until such negative situations, causes or forces are eliminated or corrected. Sweepstakes Entitles make no warranty, guarantee or representation of any kind concerning any Prize, and Sweepstakes Entities specifically disclaim any implied warranty of merchantability, warranty of fitness, and any other implied warranty.
6. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is only offered to legal U.S. residents 21 years of age or older as of November 1, 2011 that reside within the WTIC-TV/WCCT-TV viewing area in the State of Connecticut. Prizes are non-transferable by winners. Employees of Sponsors along with their parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, and their advertising or promotional agencies (collectively, the "Sweepstakes Entities"), and the immediate families or members of the same households of such individuals are not eligible. Employees of other companies operating radio stations, television, or car dealerships in Connecticut, and the immediate families or members of the same households of such individuals are not eligible. Proof of age, identity and eligibility must be furnished to Sponsors upon request. Liberty Mazda will not award a prize to anyone not meeting eligibility requirements at the time of entry. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any entrant if these Sweepstakes Rules are not followed. By entering, you agree to comply with all applicable laws and these Sweepstakes rules, and you agree to abide all decisions of the Sponsors. Winners who have won a prize from a promotion sponsored by CT1 Media within the last three (3) months are ineligible and will be disqualified.
7. INTERNET: If for any reason, the Internet-related portion of this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. Information submitted in entries, including entrant's name, address, e-mail, etc., may be used by WTIC-TV/WCCT-TV, CT1 Media and Tribune Television Company for marketing or promotional purposes.
8. OFFICIAL RULES AND LIST OF WINNERS: Write to, "Winter FunFest Car Giveaway Rules"; FOXCT, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 (Attn: Marketing) or go to www.ctnow.com/entertainment/contests/winter-funfest-car-giveaway. For Winner's name; write to "Winter FunFest Car Giveaway Winner"; FOXCT, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 (Attn: Marketing). All requests for rules and Winners' lists must be received by Friday, December 9, 2011. Sponsors reserve the right to change, alter or amend these Sweepstakes rules as necessary, in their sole discretion, to ensure the fair administration of the Sweepstakes or to comply with applicable law. Such changes, alterations and amendments will be posted at LibertyMazda.net and made available at the Liberty Mazda location.
9. SPONSORS: CT1 Media, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115; Liberty Mazda, 91 West Service Road, Hartford, CT 06120; and Radio 104.1, 131 Turnpike, Suite 101, Glastonbury, CT 06033.
Copyright © 2018, CT Now