NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Entrants must be a US citizen or legal resident and a resident of Connecticut within in the FOXCT WTIC-TV viewership area, age 18 or older at the time of entry. Employees (and their respective immediate family members) of the Sponsors, The Harford Courant Company LLC, WTIC-TV/WCCT-TV, CT1 Media, Tribune Broadcasting Hartford, LLC, and of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising agencies, are not eligible to win. Employees of other media companies including all radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited and outside Connecticut. This Sweepstakes shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Connecticut law, excluding choice of law provisions.
2. TO ENTER: Sweepstakes begins on Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 12 a.m. EST, and entries must be received by Monday, July 1, 2013 at 9 a.m. EST (the "Sweepstakes Period"). There are two ways to enter:
A. Enter via Text-Message: Using the text messaging feature on your cellular telephone, send a text message to #37798 with the code word BASEBALL. All entrants must have a text messaging two-way capable handset and digital service in order to enter the Sweepstakes using the text messaging method. Entrants will be sent a text message to confirm or reject entry into the Sweepstakes. Text-Message entries may be subject to fees under the terms of the entrant’s cell-phone/text messaging subscription plan (contact your carrier for pricing plans and details). Text messaging and wireless service are not available in all areas. Text HELP to 37798 for help and text STOP ROCK CATS to 37798 to cancel your subscription. You may receive subsequent messages clarifying or confirming your opt-out request. For terms and conditions visit privacy.tribune.com. If any dispute arises as to identity of any entrant, an entrant shall be considered the authorized account holder by the cellular provider. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned a number by the cellular provider or as shown on the cellular provider’s records or the natural person authorized to use the number by an entity that is shown on cellular provider’s records for that number. Only entries to the designated number and containing the correct keyword shall be eligible. Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any text message entry at any time which in Sponsor’s opinion does not comply with these Official Rules.
B. Enter On-Line: Log onto www.ctnow.com/rockcats and complete all required fields in the Sweepstakes entry form including but not limited to name, address, age, phone number, and e-mail. On-line entries containing attachments, generated by a script, macro or other automated means shall be disqualified. On-line entrants must use their own name. Copies or other mechanical reproductions, facsimiles, entries containing technical or electronic reproductions, entries containing attached files are not eligible and will be rejected. If you use multiple e-mail addresses to submit more than one (1) online entry, only the first entry will count.
C. Restrictions: Limit one entry per person, regardless of method of entry. Duplicate entries from the same person or cell phone number will be disqualified. All entries become the property of the Hartford Courant, WTIC-TV/WCCT-TV, and Tribune Broadcasting Hartford, LLC (collectively, "Sweepstakes Entities"). Incomplete entries are void. Any individual who attempts or otherwise encourages, directly or indirectly, the entry of multiple or false contact information under multiple identities, by cellular phone, or uses any robotic, automatic, mechanical or programmed device or artifice to enter or encourage, directly or indirectly, multiple or false entries, as determined by the Sweepstakes Entities, will be disqualified. Sponsors are not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misaddressed or misdirected due to technical or computer failures, errors or data loss of any kind, lost or unavailable internet connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or deleted computer network transmissions, inability to access the website, cellular network or online service, or any other technical error or malfunction.
3. SELECTION OF WINNERS: One (1) Winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries on or about Tuesday, July 2, 2013. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Winner will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail within two (2) days of the drawing. If a selected Winner is ineligible, if the WTIC-TV/WCCT-TV is unable to make contact after reasonable effort and time (two days of initial call), or if a Winner fails to pick up the prize and sign the necessary forms by Friday, July 5, 2013 at 4 p.m. (EST), the prize shall be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
4. AWARDING & DELIVERY OF PRIZES: 1 Grand Prize: Four (4) Field Box tickets to the Eastern League All-Star Skills Challenge on July 9th at New Britain Stadium, 230 John Karbonic Way, New Britain, CT 06051 (Time TBD); four (4) Field Box tickets to the Eastern League All-Star Classic on July 10th at New Britain Stadium, 230 John Karbonic Way, New Britain, CT 06051 (Time TBD); one (1) Special Edition All Star Jersey; one (1) All Star Autographed Baseball; and Ceremonial 1st Pitch prior to All-Star Classic on July 10th at New Britain Stadium, 230 John Karbonic Way, New Britain, CT 06051 (Time TBD). Approximate retail value ("ARV") of the prize is $550. Federal, state and local taxes, parking, travel to and from the stadium, meals, and any additional expenses incurred as part of the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. To claim the prize, Winners must come to the Hartford Courant building: 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, by July 5, 2013. If the Winner fails to show proof of age and fill out and sign the necessary forms (FOX CT Affidavit of Eligibility, a Release Form and publicity waiver) by that date, that winner shall be disqualified and the prize shall be forfeited. The Prize package (or any part thereof) is not replaceable if lost or stolen, non-transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash, credit or merchandise. No substitute prizes are available except at Sponsors sole discretion. All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes made by Sponsors are final and binding. Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash, credit or merchandise. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for the prize. Winner will be responsible for any incidental expenses and travel to and from the All Star Game.
All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes made by Sponsors are final and binding.
SUCH PRIZE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE RELEASED PARTIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
5. CONDITIONS & RESTRICTIONS: Entrants agree Sponsors have the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Sweepstakes and that their decision is final and binding. Winners by acceptance of a prize, agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsors, prize providers, their parent companies and affiliates, and each of their employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, losses of any kind, damage, causes of action, costs or claims related to any allegation regarding the award of, the receipt of, or the use of their prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, property damage, defamation, infringement of intellectual property rights and claims based on the rights of publicity and privacy. Sponsors are not responsible for personal injury of any prizewinner incurred in connection with the use of their prize. Winner must provide proof of legal name, age, address, zip code, and telephone number to receive prize (for example, in the form of a government-issued driver’s license or valid identification card). Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. The use of automated entry devices or any other conduct that impedes the integrity of the Sweepstakes is prohibited. Sponsors' decisions as to all matters related to the administration of the Sweepstakes and selection of the prize winners are final. This Sweepstakes shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Connecticut law, excluding choice of law provisions.
Sponsors reserve the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if, at their sole discretion, Sponsors find such entrant to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or if such entrant shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner the Sponsors determine to be not fair or equitable; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsors; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Sponsors assume no liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; or (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or the Sweepstakes website or any combination thereof. Sponsors are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the Sweepstakes or in the announcements of the prizes/prize winners.
By participating in these Sweepstakes, you also agree to have your name, biographical information, and likeness used in any and all media for promotional purposes relating to these Sweepstakes or future similar Sweepstakes without further compensation or notice, except as prohibited by law.
Neither the failure of Sponsors to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules nor the failure, delay or omission by Sponsors in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsors right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance.
6. INTERNET: If for any reason, the Internet-related portion of this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes in which case Sponsors will award the remaining, un-awarded prize(s) in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the Sweepstakes termination. If Sponsors terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes, it will post notice of its action on the Sweepstakes website. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES.
7. WINNERS' LIST: For Winner’s name; write to "Rock Cats Text Winner"; 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 (Attn: Marketing). All requests for Winners lists must be received by July 19, 2013.
8. SPONSORS: Tribune Broadcasting Hartford LLC, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 and New Britain Rock Cats, 230 John Karbonic Way, New Britain, CT 06051.
Copyright © 2015, CT Now