3:22 PM EDT, October 19, 2012
NOTE: Cruise departs from New York City and goes to Bermuda for a total of 7 nights. Sponsors are not responsible for typographical errors or omissions.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law.
The Norwegian Breakaway Giveaway (the "Sweepstakes") begins Thursday, October 25, 2012 at 6:30AM EST and ends on or about Wednesday, November 21, 2012 at 8:00AM EST (the "Sweepstakes Period'). The sponsors of this Sweepstakes are Norwegian Cruise Line (“Norwegian”), White Travel Service, Inc. ("White Trave") and Tribune Television Company, licensee of WTIC-TV, Hartford, Connecticut ("Station"). The Sweepstakes shall be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, all entrants agree to abide and be bound by the terms and conditions herein and the decisions of the Sponsors. The computer clock of WTIC-TV’s webmaster is the official timekeeping device of the Sweepstakes.
1. TO ENTER: Watch the FOXCT Morning News Weekdays (excluding Saturdays and Sundays) on WTIC-TV between 6:30AM and 7:00AM (EST) from Thursday, October 25, 2012 through Wednesday, November 21, 2012, (the "Sweepstakes Period") and look for the code word of the day to be displayed on-screen during the above-referenced program (including commercial breaks). Once you see the code word of the day, there are two ways to enter:
A. Enter via Text-Message: Using the text messaging feature on your cellular telephone, send a text message to #37798 with the code word of the day by 7:59AM EST each weekday of the Sweepstakes Period in which the code word is displayed (there will be a new word each Sweepstakes Day). All entrants must have a text messaging two-way capable handset and digital service in order to enter the Sweepstakes using the text messaging method. Entrants will be sent a text message to confirm or reject entry into the Sweepstakes. Text-Message entries may be subject to fees under the terms of the entrant’s cell-phone/text messaging subscription plan (contact your carrier for pricing plans and details). Text messaging and wireless service are not available in all areas. Text HELP to 37798 for help and text STOP to 37798 to cancel. You may receive subsequent messages clarifying or confirming your opt-out request. For terms and conditions visit privacy.tribune.com. If any dispute arises as to identity of any entrant, an entrant shall be considered the authorized account holder by the cellular provider. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned a number by the cellular provider or as shown on the cellular provider's records or the natural person authorized to use the number by an entity that is shown on cellular provider's records for that number. Only entries to the designated number and containing the correct keyword shall be eligible. Sponsors reserve the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any text message entry at any time which in Sponsors opinion does not comply with these Official Rules. Sponsors are not responsible for unavailability of telephone lines or connections, cellular phone service, or other technical malfunctions that result in an inability to transmit text messages or entries. Participation in this Promotion by wireless mobile device means that entrant understands that he/she may receive additional messages by mobile device relating to this Promotion, including notifying entrant if he/she is a winner, which may be subject to charges pursuant to entrant’s carrier’s rate plan.
B. Enter On-Line: Log onto www.ctnow.com/cruise and complete all required fields in the Sweepstakes entry form by 11:59AM EST each weekday of the Sweepstakes Period in which the code word is displayed (there will be a new word each Sweepstakes Day). Entrants must also enter the correct code word of the day. On-line entries containing attachments, generated by a script, macro or other automated means shall be disqualified. On-line entrants must use their own name. Copies or other mechanical reproductions, facsimiles, entries containing technical or electronic reproductions, entries containing attached files are not eligible and will be rejected. If you use multiple e-mail addresses to submit more than one (1) online entry, only the first entry will count.
C. Restrictions: Limit one entry per person/household, per day, regardless of method of entry. All daily entries must be received 11:59AM EST each weekday of the Sweepstakes Period (there will be a new word each Sweepstakes Day) under either of the two entry methods. Duplicate entries from the same person or cell phone number will be disqualified. All entries become the property of the Hartford Courant, WTIC-TV/WCCT-TV, CT1 Media, and Vibes Media, LLC (collectively, "Sweepstakes Entities"). Incomplete entries are void. Any individual who attempts or otherwise encourages, directly or indirectly, the entry of multiple or false contact information under multiple identities, by cellular phone, or uses any robotic, automatic, mechanical or programmed device or artifice to enter or encourage, directly or indirectly, multiple or false entries, as determined by the Sweepstakes Entities, will be disqualified. Only one (1) Winner per household during the Sweepstakes Period allowed.
2. SELECTION OF WINNERS: Each day, qualified text and online entries for that particular day during the Sweepstakes Period will be combined into a single entry pool. One (1) Winner each day will then be selected at random from all eligible entries ("Daily Winner"), for a maximum total of twenty (20) Winners (subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these rules). Winners will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail within three (3) days of the drawing. If a selected Daily Winner is ineligible, if WTIC-TV/WCCT-TV is unable to make contact after reasonable effort and time (two days of initial call), or if a Winner fails to pick up the prize and sign the necessary forms within reasonable period of time, the prize shall be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries for that particular day during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received for that particular day. Once an entrant has been declared a Daily Winner, he or she, or anyone in their respective household, shall not be eligible to be a Daily Winner in any additional daily drawings held during the Sweepstakes Period.
Winners will receive a 1099 tax form reflecting the actual value of any prize that is $600 or more.
3. AWARDING & DELIVERY OF PRIZES: 20 Winners: Each Daily Winner will receive a cruise for two (2) people in an outside cabin aboard the Norwegian Breakaway between the dates of May 12, 2013 and October 6, 2013. Cruise departs from New York City and goes to Bermuda and is for a total of 7 nights. All Winner bookings shall be made via White Travel Service, Inc located at 127 Park Road in West Hartford, CT 06119. Winners should be directed to contact White Travel at 860-233-2648 to confirm their cruise package.
Each winner’s cruise sailing date is subject to the availability of an outside cabin regardless of category or ship capacity. Once the booking is confirmed and paid in full by White Travel, it is the responsibility of the winner to present themselves to the pier at the time and place indicated on their documents supplied by White Travel prior to sailing. Trip must be booked by 12/31/2012 and taken by 10/6/2013 and booked with White Travel Service, Inc. Any changes made to the reservation by a Daily Winner after December 31, 2012 may result in that Daily Winner incurring additional charges or result in penalties. Any guest of a Daily Winner under the age of 18 not traveling with a parent or legal guardian must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 21 in the same stateroom. The parent or guardian of any minor not traveling with them must appoint an adult to have custody and control over their minor and to contract on their behalf in connection with the Norwegian Cruise Lines.
It is the responsibility of the winner to have or acquire all necessary documents needed to leave and re-enter the USA. Neither White Travel nor Norwegian Cruise Line will be held responsible for the lack of proper documentation which could result in being denied boarding. No refund or rescheduling will be allowed if denied boarding due to lack of appropriate documentation or any other reason to put Norwegian Cruise Line or their passengers at risk. It is the Winners’ responsibility to check with their government agencies, embassies or consulates prior to their vacation to ensure that they have proper citizenship documentation. U.S. Citizens can also visit the State Department's travel website at www.travel.state.gov, or call the U.S. National Passport Information Center at 877-4USA-PPT for more information. Guests of all ages are strongly encouraged to obtain passports.
Prize is a special Tribune Television Company rate and is not the rate a person would normally pay for this cruise. Approximate retail value ("ARV") of each prize package is $2166. Federal, state and local taxes, travel to New York City, fuel surcharges, alcoholic beverages, tips, excursions, and any additional expenses if any, including any incidentals spent on cruise, (i.e., shore excursions, travel insurance, laundry service, spa treatments, alcoholic beverages, local and long distance telephone calls, ship-to-shore communication including internet, merchandise and souvenirs, incidental expenses, tips and gratuities, income and other taxes, transportation between winner's home and port, as well as all other costs and expenses not otherwise mentioned herein).are the sole responsibility of the winners.
Cancellation Fees for cruise, air, land and other charges will follow Norwegian Cruise Line schedule listed in the brochure and website. Prize element may be subject to additional restrictions. Winner and guest must travel together on same specified itinerary. For updates, please visit www.ctnow.com/cruise.
Sponsors are not responsible for typographical errors or omissions. Ships’ Registry: UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. ©2012 NCL Corporation.
To claim the prize, Winners must come to the Hartford Courant building: 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115, 9AM to 4PM, Monday through Friday, by December 14, 2012. If the Winners fail to show proof of age and fill out and sign the necessary forms (Release Form, publicity waiver, and IRS Form W-9 (Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification)) by that date, that winner shall be disqualified and the prize shall be forfeited. Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash, credit or merchandise. No substitute prizes are available except at Sponsors sole discretion. All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes made by Sponsors are final and binding. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, by Sponsors. Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash, credit or merchandise. No substitute prizes are available except at Sponsors sole discretion. The Prize is not replaceable if lost, stolen, or destroyed, not transferable or redeemable for cash, and may not be substituted for another prize, except at the sole discretion of Sponsors, or as provided in these rules. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for the prize.
All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes made by Sponsors are final and binding.
SUCH PRIZE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE RELEASED PARTIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
4. CONDITIONS & RESTRICTIONS: Entrants agree Sponsors have the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Sweepstakes and that their decision is final and binding. Winners by acceptance of a prize, agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsors, prize providers, their parent companies and affiliates, and each of their employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, losses of any kind, damage, causes of action, costs or claims related to any allegation regarding the award of, the receipt of, or the use of their prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, property damage, defamation, infringement of intellectual property rights and claims based on the rights of publicity and privacy. Sponsors are not responsible for personal injury of any prizewinner incurred in connection with the use of their prize. Winner must provide proof of legal name, age, address, zip code, and telephone number to receive prize (for example, in the form of a government-issued driver’s license or valid identification card). Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. The use of automated entry devices or any other conduct that impedes the integrity of the Sweepstakes is prohibited. Sponsors decisions as to all matters related to the administration of the Sweepstakes and selection of the prize winners are final. This Sweepstakes shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Connecticut law, excluding choice of law provisions.
Sponsors reserve the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if, at their sole discretion, Sponsors find such entrant to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or if such entrant shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner the Sponsors determine to be not fair or equitable; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsors; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Sponsors assume no liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; or (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or the Sweepstakes website or any combination thereof. Sponsors are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the Sweepstakes or in the announcements of the prizes/prize winners.
By participating in these Sweepstakes, you also agree to have your name, biographical information, and likeness used in any and all media for promotional purposes relating to these Sweepstakes or future similar Sweepstakes without further compensation or notice, except as prohibited by law.
Neither the failure of Sponsors to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules nor the failure, delay or omission by Sponsors in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsors right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance.
6. ELIGIBILITY: These Sweepstakes are open only to legal U.S. residents within the WTIC-TV viewing area who are 21 years or older as of October 25, 2012. Employees of media outlets in the WCCT-TV/WTIC-TV viewing areas, or of the Hartford Courant, WCCT-TV/WTIC-TV, CT1 Media, Tribune Television Company, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, and their respective immediate family members are not eligible to win. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Winners who have won a prize from a promotion sponsored by CT1 Media within the last six (6) months are ineligible and will be disqualified.
7. INTERNET: If for any reason, the Internet-related portion of this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. Information submitted in entries, including entrant's name, address, e-mail, etc., may be used by WTIC-TV/WCCT-TV, CT1 Media and Tribune Television Company for marketing or promotional purposes.
8. FOR A WINNER'S LIST: Write to “Norwegian Breakaway Giveaway”; FOXCT, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115. All requests for rules and Winners' lists must be received by Friday, December 12 2012.
9. SPONSORS: Tribune Television Company, licensee of WTIC-TV, Hartford, Connecticut (“Station”); Norwegian Cruise Line (“Norwegian”); and White Travel Service, Inc. (“White Travel”).