NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR OTHERWISE RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Entrants must be a US citizen or legal resident and a resident of Connecticut in the Fox CT WTIC-TV viewing area, age 18 or older at the time of entry. Employees (and their respective immediate family members) of the Sponsor, The Hartford Courant LLC, WTIC-TV/WCCT-TV, CT1 Media, Tribune Television Company, and of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising agencies, are not eligible to win. Employees of other media companies including all radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate. The term "immediate family" includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as "in-laws," or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited and outside Connecticut. Winners who have won a prize from a promotion sponsored by CT1 Media within the last six (6) months are ineligible and will be disqualified.
2. TO ENTER: Sweepstakes begins Monday, February 4, 2013 at 6 a.m. (EST) and ends on or about Wednesday, February 27, 2013 at 5 p.m. (EST). To enter, watch the FOXCT Morning News Weekdays (excluding Saturdays and Sundays) between 6 a.m. and 6:30 a.m.; 7 a.m. and 7:30 a.m.; 8 a.m. and 8:30 a.m.; and 9 and 9:30 a.m. (EST) from Monday, February 4, 2013 through Wednesday, February 27, 2013, (the "Sweepstakes Period") and look for the code words of the day to be displayed on-screen during the above-referenced program (including commercial breaks). There will be a new keyword every hour. Once you see the code word of the day, there are two ways to enter:
A. Enter via Text-Message: Using the text messaging feature on your cellular telephone, send a text message to #37798 with the code word of the day by 5 p.m. EST each weekday of the Sweepstakes Period in which the code word is displayed (there will be 4 new words each Sweepstakes Day). All entrants must have a text messaging two-way capable handset and digital service in order to enter the Sweepstakes using the text messaging method. Entrants will be sent a text message to confirm or reject entry into the Sweepstakes. Text-Message entries may be subject to fees under the terms of the entrant's cell-phone/text messaging subscription plan (contact your carrier for pricing plans and details). Text messaging and wireless service are not available in all areas. Text HELP to 37798 for help and text STOP to 37798 to cancel. You may receive subsequent messages clarifying or confirming your opt-out request. For terms and conditions, visit privacy.tribune.com. If any dispute arises as to identity of any entrant, an entrant shall be considered the authorized account holder by the cellular provider. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned a number by the cellular provider or as shown on the cellular provider's records or the natural person authorized to use the number by an entity that is shown on cellular provider's records for that number. Only entries to the designated number and containing the correct keyword shall be eligible. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any text message entry at any time which in Sponsor's opinion does not comply with these Official Rules. Sponsor is not responsible for unavailability of telephone lines or connections, cellular phone service, or other technical malfunctions that result in an inability to transmit text messages or entries. Participation in this Promotion by wireless mobile device means that entrant understands that he/she may receive additional messages by mobile device relating to this Promotion, including notifying entrant if he/she is a winner, which may be subject to charges pursuant to entrant’s carrier’s rate plan.
B. Enter On-Line: Log onto www.ctnow.com/idolcontest and complete all required fields in the Sweepstakes entry form by 5 p.m. (EST) each weekday of the Sweepstakes Period (there will be 4 new words each Sweepstakes Day). Entrants must also enter the correct code word of the day. On-line entries containing attachments, generated by a script, macro or other automated means shall be disqualified. On-line entrants must use their own name. Copies or other mechanical reproductions, facsimiles, entries containing technical or electronic reproductions, entries containing attached files are not eligible and will be rejected. If you use multiple e-mail addresses to submit more than one (1) online entry, only the first entry will count.
C. Restrictions: Limit four (4) entries per person/household, per day, regardless of method of entry, for a total of seventy-two (72) eligible entries during the Sweepstakes. Daily entries must be received 5 p.m. (EST) each weekday of the Sweepstakes Period (there will be 4 new words each Sweepstakes Day). Duplicate entries from the same person or cell phone number will be disqualified. All entries become the property of The Hartford Courant LLC, WTIC-TV/WCCT-TV, CT1 Media, and Vibes Media, LLC (collectively, "Sweepstakes Entities"). Incomplete entries are void. Any individual who attempts or otherwise encourages, directly or indirectly, the entry of multiple or false contact information under multiple identities, by cellular phone, or uses any robotic, automatic, mechanical or programmed device or artifice to enter or encourage, directly or indirectly, multiple or false entries, as determined by the Sweepstakes Entities, will be disqualified. Only one (1) Winner per household during the Sweepstakes Period is allowed.
3. SELECTION OF WINNER: All qualified text and online entries during the Sweepstakes Period will be combined into a single entry pool. One (1) Winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries (subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these rules). Winner will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail by March 6, 2013. If a selected Winner is ineligible, if WTIC-TV/WCCT-TV is unable to make contact after reasonable effort and time (two days of initial call), or if a Winner fails to pick up the prize and sign the necessary forms within reasonable period of time, the prize shall be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Once an entrant has been declared a Winner, he or she, or anyone in their respective household, shall not be eligible to be a Winner in any additional daily drawings held during the Sweepstakes Period.
4. AWARDING & DELIVERY OF PRIZES: 1 Grand Prize: Winner will receive: (i) Hotel accommodations (double occupancy) for Winner and Guest for three (3) nights at a Los Angeles or Burbank hotel selected by Sponsor in their sole discretion and round-trip coach airfare for two (2) from Hartford, CT to Los Angeles or Burbank, CA (approximate retail value: $1,850) (dates of travel will be decided by Sponsor based on American Idol admission set forth herein); (ii) admission for two (2) to be part of the audience for an American Idol Live performance show on Wednesday, April 24, 2013 or Wednesday, May 1, 2013 and an American Idol Live results show on Thursday, April 25 2013 or Thursday, May 2, 2013 at CBS Television City, 7800 Beverly Blvd, Hollywood, CA 90036 (approximate retail value: $100); and one (1) $500 Visa Gift Card. Show tickets will be based on availability and may change in FOX CT and FOX Broadcasting Company's sole discretion. Local ground transportation from Winner's residence to the Hartford airport, local ground transportation in Los Angeles, including travel to and from the Los Angeles Airport and within California is not included. Winner and his/her guest are responsible for all incidental expenses and other costs that are not specifically stated in these Rules. The total approximate retail value ("ARV") of the Grand Prize is $2,450. The actual value of certain prize elements may vary depending on date and time of travel, airfare fluctuations, and hotel costs at the time of travel. Therefore, the actual value of the prize awarded may be lower or higher at the time it is fulfilled. Any difference between actual value and stated "ARV" will not be awarded. Federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Winner's guest must be at least six (6) years of age or older. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary, on dates determined by Sponsor, and must have valid government-issued identification and any other documents necessary for air travel. Winner is responsible for all applicable travel and other insurance, all applicable airport charges including, without limitation, any excess baggage charges, airport taxes, fuel charges and any applicable Customs or Federal inspection fees. Tickets are not transferable, refundable or redeemable. Winner will be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility, a W9 form, and Winner and guest will be required to execute a release of liability prior to receiving their prize. Winner and guest must travel on dates and times booked by Sweepstakes Sponsor. If the live show is cancelled, or if the flight is delayed or cancelled, no substitute prizes are available except at Sponsors' sole discretion. Sponsor has the right to change the start and end dates of the sweepstakes to the extent necessary to adjust to events of Force Majeure as well as to changes to production and broadcast schedules, without financial or legal liability of nature whatsoever. FOX CT and FOX Broadcasting Company shall have the right to substitute the prize at their sole discretion. All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes made by the Sponsor are final and binding.
5. CONDITIONS & RESTRICTIONS: Entrants agree Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Sweepstakes and that its decision is final and binding. Except where prohibited by law, entrants agree to allow use of their name, voice, photograph, likeness and any information provided on entry form, in any medium of communication, including print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsor and/or its affiliates, without additional compensation.
By participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Fox Broadcasting Company, News Corporation, Fox Digital Media, FremantleMedia North America, Inc., American Idol Productions, Inc., 19 TV Ltd., 19 Merchandising Ltd., CKX, Inc, The Hartford Courant, and all these companies' parent corporations, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and the officers, directors, agents, and employees of all such companies from any and all damages, injuries, claims, causes of action, or losses of any kind resulting from your participation in this sweepstakes, and/or your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize and any travel related thereto, including without limitation, personal injury, death, property damage, defamation, infringement of intellectual property rights, and claims based on the rights of publicity and privacy.
All federal, state and local laws apply, and this Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. Winner must provide proof of legal name, address, zip code, and telephone number to receive prize (for example, in the form of a government-issued driver's license or valid identification card). Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. The use of automated entry devices or any other conduct that impedes the integrity of the Sweepstakes is prohibited. Sponsors' decisions as to all matters related to the administration of the Sweepstakes and selection of the prize winners are final. This Sweepstakes shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Connecticut law, excluding choice of law provisions. Sponsor is not responsible for changes made to the Prizes being awarded; including any delay, cancellation or postponement of the Prize events, and is under no obligation to provide a substitute prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the Sweepstakes or in the announcements of the prizes/prize winners. By participating in these Sweepstakes, you also agree to have your name, biographical information, and likeness used in any and all media for promotional purposes relating to these sweepstakes or future similar sweepstakes without further compensation or notice, except as prohibited by law. Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules nor the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor's right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance.
SUCH PRIZE(S) ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE RELEASED PARTIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
6. INTERNET: If for any reason, the Internet-related portion of this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. Information submitted in entries, including entrant's name, address, e-mail, etc., may be used by WTIC-TV/WCCT-TV, CT1 Media and Tribune Television Company for marketing or promotional purposes.
7. FOR WINNER NAME: Write to, "Idol Ticket Giveaway"; FOXCT, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 (Attn: Marketing). All requests for rules and Winners' lists must be received by Friday, March 22, 2013.
8. SPONSOR: Tribune Television Company LLC, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Visa.
Copyright © 2018, CT Now