4 hurt in shootings across city

Tribune reporter

Shootings across Chicago have left at least four people hurt since Saturday night, according to police.

The first shooting happened just before 10 p.m. in the Archer Heights neighborhood, near Midway Airport.

A man, age 20, was shot in the torso outside a food and liquor store in the 4800 block of South Archer Avenue, according to police. The man managed to drive about a mile to the 4500 block of South Kedvale Avenue, where he apparently left the van he had been driving and collapsed, police said.

He was taken from the Kedvale location to Mount Sinai Hospital. His condition had stabilized, police said.

An hour afterward, crime scene tape on Kedvale surrounded a van with two shattered windows that was parked at the curb. Nearby, a single squad car guarded the scene.

A far heavier police presence could be seen at the Archer location, where several marked and unmarked cars had parked in the southbound traffic lanes and officers stood near the store.

The second shooting happened about 12:20 a.m. in the East Garfield Park neighborhood on the West Side.

A 22-year-old man was shot multiple times when sitting in a vehicle in the 3200 block of West Walnut Street, Chicago Police Department News Affairs Officer Ron Gaines said. The man, whose condition was not immediately released, was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital.

Shortly after 3 a.m., a female showed up at the University of Chicago Medical Center with a graze wound to the head, Gaines said. The 18-year-old had apparently been shot in the 5100 block of South Union Avenue in the Back of the Yards neighborhood on the South Side. She was treated and released, said Chicago Police News Affairs Officer John Mirabelli.

In the most recent shooting, a 23-year-old man was shot about 4:15 a.m. while driving near the intersection of West Howard Street and North Marshfield Avenue in the Rogers park neighborhood on the Far North Side, Gaines said. Someone in another vehicle fired shots, stirking the man in the arm, police said.

He was taken to St. Francis Hospital in Evanston, where he was listed in fair condition.

Twitter: @AdamSege

Copyright © 2018, CT Now