On April 19, the Washington County Department of Social Services held its 24th Employee Recognition Day at its headquarters at 122 N. Potomac St. in Hagerstown.
The day’s activities included an awards ceremony, during which employees were recognized for their outstanding performance and contributions.
Employees also were recognized for their participation in the agency’s Continuous Performance Improvement Program, which has been in place for 14 years.
The following awards were given:
• Director’s Award for Distinguished Service: Russell Citro, social worker supervisor
• Employee of the Year: Rhonda Forrest
• Outstanding Supervisor of the Year: Barb Shevokas
• Outstanding Support Person of the Year: Sandy Martin
The following Agency Value Awards linked to the agency’s mission and vision statement also were awarded:
• Communication Value Award: Ligia Teodorovici, social worker, child welfare
• Quality of Services Value Award: Ellie Murto, family investment work participation specialist, and Becky Rice, social worker supervisor
• Respect Value Award: Sarah Cutchall, child support specialist, and Shana Matthews, social worker
Outstanding Community Partner Awards were granted to:
• Community Free Clinic, accepted by Robin Roberson, executive director
• David Bonebrake, Washington County Mobile Crisis Services
Maryland Correctional Training Center
Maryland Correctional Training Center recently honored the following employees: