Low-cost carrier Spirit Airlines announced Tuesday that it will be adding daily nonstop seasonal service from Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport to Myrtle Beach International Airport beginning April 25.
Spirit, based in Florida, operates Airbus A319 and A320 jets on its routes, with 145 to 178 seats each. The flight from Baltimore will depart at 10:45 a.m. The return from Myrtle Beach will depart at 5:20 p.m.
Paul Wiedefeld, executive director of BWI Marshall, welcomed the addition, noting that the Myrtle Beach route opens a new nonstop market and gives Florida vacationers another option for low airfares.
Spirit adds nonstop flight from BWI to Myrtle Beach
- To stay competitive, BWI 'moves at the speed of business'
- As holiday nears, BWI moves to ease crunch on land, in air
- Southwest expands BWI service with new flights
- Spirit Airlines arrives at BWI
- Pictures: BWI renovations
- BWI Airport through the years [Pictures]
See more photos »
- BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport
- Spirit Airlines
Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport, Terminal Road, Baltimore, MD 21240, USA