Baltimore-based technology company Barcoding Inc. said Wednesday it has acquired Lake Zurich, Ill.,-based Miles Technologies Inc. for an undisclosed amount in a move to increase its presence in the central United States.
The Baltimore company sells bar-coding equipment and other devices. Miles, which has offices in St. Louis and the Chicago market, provides barcode and radio frequency identification equipment used to track products and locate individuals. The company, which has 14 employees, also develops software for warehouse tracking and management. A facility in Addison, Ill., features a state-of-the-art technology center that helps companies select radio frequency identification systems and barcode applications
The acquisition will allow 15-year-old Barcoding to strengthen its portfolio of radio frequency identification technologies, the company said. Barcoding has 55 employees and more than 2,500 clients in categories such as food and beverage, healthcare, manufacturing, retail, transportation and wholesale inventory.
- Barcoding Inc. safeguards children at sailing festival
- Baltimore Tech Parents drink good beer, focus on "work/life" balance
- Baltimore firm creates wristband virtual ticket for concert-goers
- Millennial Media [Pictures]
- Photos: The evolution of the Facebook News Feed
- 2013 tech cravings: Easy TV, iPhone 6, stuff we can drop in the tub
See more photos »
See more topics »
"We are well on our way to achieving our vision of national expansion and growth," Shane Snyder, Barcoding president, said in a statement.