Don't miss this: Last day to save up to 83% on a Hartford Courant digital subscription
CT Now

Kitchen fire damages Edgewood home

A small kitchen fire caused by a pot left on the stove damaged an Edgewood home early Tuesday morning but no injuries were reported, according to the Joppa-Magnolia Volunteer Fire Company.

Firefighters were called at 2:35 a.m. to the 600 block of Harr Park Court, where smoke was pouring from a two-story townhouse. Crews extinguished a small fire in the kitchen.

Fire officials said residents sleeping on the second floor were alerted by smoke detectors and they were not injured.

The fire caused about $2,500 in damage to the home, but did not damage any others, according to the department.

jkanderson@baltsun.com

Copyright © 2015, CT Now
Related Content
Comments
Loading
84°