Baltimore County police arrest second suspect in Parkville homicide

A Baltimore County man orchestrated a drug deal to rob a 22-year-old who was found shot to death in the back seat of his Chevrolet Impala in Parkville last week, police said.

DeAngelo Devonne Johnson, 24, of the first block of Delight Ave. in Nottingham, was charged Wednesday with armed robbery and first-degree murder. Police said Johnson had arranged to buy a quarter-pound of marijuana from Miguiel Anthony Bailey when he and Linwood Tymais Smith allegedly robbed and shot Bailey on June 12. Smith was charged earlier with first-degree murder and armed robbery in the incident.

According to charging documents, Bailey, of the 4700 block of Dark Star Way in Owings Mills, and a friend, whom police did not identify, met Johnson at a Shell gas station on Belair Road, where they agreed to sell him marijuana for $3,000.

Two days later, Bailey's friend said, Johnson texted them to meet at the Taylor Park Apartments on Mopec Circle, off Taylor Avenue.

When Bailey and his friend arrived at the apartment complex, Smith got into the front passenger seat and Johnson got into the back seat with Bailey. Bailey's friend told police Bailey sat in the back seat to stretch out his leg because he had recently injured it and was wearing a knee brace.

When Bailey pulled out a quarter-pound of marijuana, police said, Smith pulled out a handgun, pointed it at the head of Bailey's friend and announced a robbery.

Bailey's friend then fought with Smith in the front seat and several shots were fired, according to charging documents. Bailey was shot several times and died of his wounds. Johnson was shot in the nose and Smith in the cheek before they ran from the car.

Police said a bystander called 911 and said it appeared someone had fallen asleep or was unconscious in the car, where police found Bailey. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Detectives found several bullet holes and numerous shell casings, as well as blood, inside the Impala, but the marijuana was gone. Police did not recover the handgun.

Police found Smith, a resident of the 4900 block of Todd Ave., at Good Samaritan Hospital, where he had gone for treatment for the wound to his cheek.

He and Johnson are being held without bail at the Baltimore County Detention Center.

Copyright © 2018, CT Now