Sarah Pastrana, The Baltimore Sun Media Group
March 15, 2013
Based on an idea in Martha Stewart's "Handmade Holiday Crafts: 225 Inspired Projects for Year-Round Celebrations."
*Paper napkins with a floral design.
*Mod Podge (matte or gloss)
*small paper or plastic bowl
*small foam brush
1. Choose a napkin with a floral pattern that isn't too big.
2. Cut out parts of the floral pattern: leaves, stems, blooms. You can leave a white border as the egg is white so it will blend in.
3. Apply Mod Podge to egg where you want to put your napkin's floral element.
4. Press nature design lightly onto egg's surface and then immediately and carefully paint over the egg's surface with more Mod Podge.
5. Dry by placing in an empty egg container with as few parts as possible of the egg's surface touching the container. Keep rotating eggs as they dry.