Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
The Ravens fell flat in a 26-13 loss to the Titans on Sunday. ... A week after forcing seven turnovers, their defense was taken apart by Titans quarterback Matt Hasselbeck in a methodical, precise assault. ... David Reed and Terrence Cody suffered injuries in the loss. ... Joe Flacco and his wide receivers haven't clicked. ... Alfredo Simon struggled again in the Orioles' 11-2 loss to Angels. ... Mark Reynolds, who was held out of the starting lineup for precautionary reasons after he was hit in the head by Ervin Santana on Saturday, thinks the Angels starter did it intentionally. ... Maryland hopes Pittsburgh and Syracuse aren't the final additions to the ACC. ... Speaking of the Terps, the football team lost to West Virginia on Saturday.
Hitting the links:
1. Who got an "F" on Mike Preston's report card? [Baltimore Sun]
2. Preston: The Ravens face an ugly dose of reality [Baltimore Sun]
3. Peter King says Baltimore fans shouldn't panic [SI]
4. Five things that KVV learned from the loss [Baltimore Sun]
5. John Eisenberg says elite teams are consistent [CSN Baltimore]
6. What happened to the Ravens team from a week ago? [MASN]
8. The Titans beat the Ravens on fourth down [The Tennessean]
10. More props for Britt [Yahoo!]
11. The defense, not Joe Flacco, will lead the Ravens again this year [SI]
12. Discussing the ceiling for Flacco [ESPN]
13. Don Banks says it's hard to know at the moment which Baltimore Ravens team is the real one [SI]
16. The Orioles are finally embracing the spoiler role [Orioles Insider]
17 Can Alfredo Simon eventually become a nugget? [MASN]
19. Maryland says the new ACC teams are a great fit [Tracking the Terps]
21. Alex Semin defends himself [Capitals Insider]
Video of the morning:
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. and I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.