HealthSpring, an arm of Cigna that manages Medicare plans, said Wednesday it is rebranding and changing its name to Cigna-HealthSpring.
Tennessee-based HealthSpring serves more than 18,200 Medicare Advantage patients in Maryland. HealthSpring strengthened its position in the area when it acquired Maryland-based Bravo Health for $545 million in 2010. Cigna acquired HealthSpring in 2012.
The new name, along with a fresher logo, will be introduced to the public through television commercials this year. The company said the rebranding is designed to emphasize a devotion to personalized and quality care for its senior customers and show people they can easily transition to different insurance products as they grow older.
Existing HealthSpring products and services that will transition to the new branding include:
- HealthSpring Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plans
- HealthSpring Medicaid Plans
- HealthSpring LivingWell Centers
- Medicare Advantage for HealthSpring (including HealthSpring Group Retiree plans)
The company's Bravo Health products and services will also transition to the new branding in 2013. They include:
- Bravo Health Advanced Care Centers
- Bravo Health Medicare Advantage
Copyright © 2015, CT Now