All of the teams in The Baltimore Sun’s Top 15 -- that managed to play -- won their games in what is turning out to be the longest “weekend” of the season. Several teams played on Thursday, because the state’s public schools were all closed on Friday. Turns out they dodged the stormy weather that postponed two Friday night games featuring Top 15 teams until Monday. The No. 1 vs. No. 2 showdown between Gilman and Calvert Hall will kick off at 4 p.m. at Calvert Hall and No. 6 St. Paul’s will head to St. Vincent Pallotti for a 3:30 p.m. start at Fairland Regional Park.
Look for the new rankings in Tuesday’s paper. Because The Baltimore Sun's high school polls include games played from Monday through Sunday, the new rankings will not reflect the results of the Monday games.
Ranking/Team/Record/Latest result/Next weekend's opponent
1. Gilman/5-2/At Calvert Hall ppd. to Monday/Vs. McDonogh, Sat.
2. Calvert Hall/6-1/Vs. Gilman ppd. to Monday/At Archbishop Spalding, Fri.
3. River Hill/8-0/Def. Reservoir 41-0/Vs. Wilde Lake, Fri.
4. Arundel/8-0/Def. Severna Park 48-6/At Chesapeake-AA, Fri.
5. Westminster/8-0/Def. Century 41-0/Vs. Leonardtown, Fri.
6. Old Mill/7-1/Def. Southern 33-6/Vs. Glen Burnie, Fri.
7. Franklin/7-1/Def. Parkville 41-8/Vs. Perry Hall, Fri.
8. Dunbar/7-1/Def. Poly 28-0/Vs. Carver, Fri
9. St. Paul’s/6-0/At St. Vincent Pallotti ppd. to Monday/Vs. St. Mary’s, Fri.
10. Archbishop Spalding/5-3/Def. Loyola 24-20/Vs. Calvert Hall, Fri.
11. Atholton/7-1/Def. Hammond 20-18/At Marriotts Ridge, Fri.
12. Broadneck/6-2/Def. North County 44-21/Vs. Southern, Fri
13. Edmondson/7-1/Def. City 47-12/At Patterson, Fri.
14. Milford Mill/7-1/Def. Catonsville 30-27/At Towson, Sat.
15. South River/6-2/Def. Northeast 54-0/At North County, Fri.