This 110-ton, 60-foot-tall crane, now housed at the Baltimore Museum of Industry, was put into service at Bethlehem Steel's Key Highway Shipyard in 1942; it was used to help repair ships damaged during World War II. "The Yards," the country's largest ship-repair facility and long one of the city's industrial showpieces, repaired more than 2,500 vessels and employed some 11,000 workers during the war. It closed in 1982.
Chris Kaltenbach, The Baltimore Sun
Copyright © 2017, CT Now