Chris Kaltenbach, The Baltimore Sun
April 17, 2013
This 110-ton, 60-foot-tall crane, now housed at the Baltimore Museum of Industry, was put into service at Bethlehem Steel's Key Highway Shipyard in 1942; it was used to help repair ships damaged during World War II. "The Yards," the country's largest ship-repair facility and long one of the city's industrial showpieces, repaired more than 2,500 vessels and employed some 11,000 workers during the war. It closed in 1982.