FOX CT STUDENT NEWS PROGRAM OVERVIEW
As you know, journalism is about change, recording it and acting on it. The FoxCT Student News' program has recently implemented changes to help students better prepare for multi platform journalism, both for college and the job market.
* We will use one of the highest visibility platforms in the state, CTnow.com, to showcase the work of the students. Using the web allows us to add to the information in the stories.
* No longer will students be limited to a 50 second news story. Now they will be able to tell their stories using three distinctive formats, text, video, and pictures.
* Students journalist who previously had only worked in print or stills can now be integrated into this program.
* We've redesigned our Student News page in order to make it a destination for news by, for and about Connecticut students.
* Each story will have its own unique page with a URL students, parents or schools can post to social media like Facebook, Twitter or Google +.
Students will submit stories that will meet the following requirements:
* Video up to 90 seconds uploaded to a dedicated YouTube account
* Up to 10 photos, with captions, uploaded to a dedicated photo sharing service
* Minimum 200 word text story that includes links to the subject matter
We urge new teachers and schools to participate in this program.
For further questions regarding FOX CT Student News, contact News in Education at 860-241-3847 or email Send Mail .